• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym rush?

canned tuna

Last night after a few sets of heavy (for me) 3rm deads my vision went blurry and I just stood there on another planet - huge rush throughout my back and legs... couple minutes later I was back into it
Is this normal?
I don't take pre trainers
Felt goodman

Last night after a few sets of heavy (for me) 3rm deads my vision went blurry and I just stood there on another planet - huge rush throughout my back and legs... couple minutes later I was back into it
Is this normal?
I don't take pre trainers
Felt goodman

Can be normal when pushing yourself harder than normal or something your body is not used to.

Blood pressure rises very high during the exercise and then when you stop the blood pressure drops back together with the body trying to lower the blood pressure makes it drop lower than normal for a bit. Making you faint or feel out of it.

I had this happen for the first few times I did rack pulls. Did a 1rm. Could feel myself falling to the ground and the music playing started going very slow, everything went black then a few seconds later back to normal but found myself on the ground. Doesn't happen any more.

yeah found this mainly happens when pushing on deads and squats, one thing which can help is getting your breathing right, i found when it happened the worst was when i held my breathe.

I occasionally feel like I'm either going to throw up, faint or both, usually after high rep squats. Never really happens after maxing out.

I have vomited many times in the gym....I remember when one of my best mates and me used to train together all the time...I would vomit most sessions coz they would be crazy intense....some of the best training ive ever done!

He is now a commando in the Australian Army.....

Yeah thrown up many times during legs sessions but never on back or chest, however, have felt faint and very light headed during deads.

I once smashed myself doing heavy Deadlifts and fell asleep on the bench having a break between sets.
Occasionally I get a bit hazy (and sick) when I am doing heavy 5 rep stuff on the deads and squats.
Lately I've been doing higher rep stuff so the poundage is down, no head spins etc.

I have vomited many times in the gym....I remember when one of my best mates and me used to train together all the time...I would vomit most sessions coz they would be crazy intense....

Yep, been there. Got accused of being bulimic lol.

I do this.

After a 1RM PB attempt or a really heavy triple set, my vision is blurred and I'm pretty spaced out lol. Sort of like a fainting feeling.

I'm pretty sure it's a blood pressure thing, So much blood rushing to where it needs to be and away from areas it should be.

Related:
[YOUTUBE]k8RcDb_wZfQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I get this when giving it all. Actually did a little spew in my mouth while half way up on squats the other week, come to think of it, it happened on deads the other week too

after a heavy set of squats i get light headed and ears block up, cant hear shit lol get this on deads as well. not all the time, just every now and then. good feeling bro lol
have also vomited in my mouth a few times on squats.

I go deaf on my last rep of deads too!!

I think it's cuz we hold our breath! lol

whoever in this thread (on an earlier page) said it's all about breathing was probably right methinks

Deadlifts make me see white and slightly dizzy.
My heart goes tachycardic and i feel like I'm gonna fall over.
All in all the andrenalin of a big pull kicks in and i feel good!

Yeah I get it too on deads

Light headed and blurred vision

180 x 5 will do that lol

Deadlifts make me see white and slightly dizzy.
My heart goes tachycardic and i feel like I'm gonna fall over.
All in all the andrenalin of a big pull kicks in and i feel good!

thats me right there.

Feels like the shellshock you see in war movies when you push that last bit of effort into a set.

[YOUTUBE]OqSg7WO4tT4[/YOUTUBE]

Should be a technical term for it...

Squatshock/Deadshock