• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym grunters

kindred

Do you grunt when you work out? Went to the gym tonite and there were 3 young dudes, lifting more than me which isnt hard but they were grunting like female tennis players.

How many people here grunt? I breath heavy but never grunt. Does it put you off if your working out and you here crazy grunts?

hahahaha
nah but sumtimes i cant help counting my reps out aloud which aint that bad i guess

but yer the real loud ones break my concentration now and then but usually i dont really notice

ho boy . I grunt . the only way way I can get those last few reps on a 20 repper quads exersise.
I do not do it like a feamale tenis player .

and I some time spread talk powder on the gym floor when I deadlift ....

I don't grunt, but I breathe bloody heavily on the last few reps if I'm pushing hard.

Grunters are usually (not always) attention seekers saying "Look at me you fools, I lift more than you".

my grunts are for my self. and are on the top rep of legs.
I lift heavy . I do not need anyone attention.
I have lifted with a few top powerlifters , they lifted more than me ( while grunting )
I sure did not want to show them I lift more than them.

I find the people using the squat rack to perform their sets of BB curls the annoying ones.

Can't say I've ever seen someone use the power racks for curls.

Guess we don't have that many gym idiots at my gym.

Then all the members at your gym are courteous or you have not been around long enough.:p

I would go for the second option.
I do not mean to flame , but I have been training in many gyms in few countries , and bar one dedicated powerlifing gym , I have never seen it not happening.

Have to admit, I occasionally make a bit of noise but it's involuntary and usually when I'm pushing out just those last few reps on something heavy.

I'm definitely not doing it for attention - my gym is fairly small and I don't really care who's looking. ha!

I guess making a bit of noise from time to time helps some people get fired up (kind of like the Haka? :) ) but grunting and making a fuss about every rep is probably a bit excessive.

I think I'm lucky that my gym is generally full of "real people" who aren't show ponies. Even the powerlifters that go there are really friendly and don't make a fuss.

Sadly will be moving in the new year and will have to bid it goodbye :(

Occasionally i make some noise, never voluntarily though i guess it just happens as part of my breathing sometimes, strangely enough its not always when im going my hardest. Ive never been distracted by grunts(my own or someone elses), gyms are generally pretty noisey.