• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Guide to Cutting

Why the hate for cardio ?

Maybe you guys are too unfit to run a reasonable amount to actually burn fat ?

Cardio is just what weak people do, plain and simple, and your post proves it. I've increased my max v02 levels just by doing weights.

Cardio is just what weak people do, plain and simple, and your post proves it. I've increased my max v02 levels just by doing weights

right................?

Your post and skywalkers are wrong

Shit, you should tell all the WSM competitors they're weak and I must be too for doing the same, maybe more so because I include Prowler work.

Cardio, like weights is a tool for a purpose. Saying someone is weak for doing cardio is flat out retarded.

Different goals?! Fuck that guy!

Cardio is just what weak people do, plain and simple, and your post proves it. I've increased my max v02 levels just by doing weights.

I was in a rush last night when i responded ,

I can only comment on boxing and bodybuilding, so ill use Evander holyfield as an example,

He used to box at cruiser/light heavyweight but he got together with Lee haney and put on over 30lbs of lean muscle , jumped up to heavyweight and became world champion all in 18months beating douglas who was nearly 50lbs heavier.

My point with this is boxers (holyfield) have some of the best cardio abilities out there, holyfield made good mass gains and kept cardio capabilities,shit he became world champion!!!! And your saying he must be weak??????

Rugby players, afl palyers, mma, boxers, nba, american football, the list goes on do strength conditioning and have great cardio abilities, last pre season i watched shannon hurn (west coast eagles) squat 220kg at my gym but hey, he does cardio he must be fucking weak right??

Shit, you should tell all the WSM competitors they're weak and I must be too for doing the same, maybe more so because I include Prowler work.

Cardio, like weights is a tool for a purpose. Saying someone is weak for doing cardio is flat out retarded.

Different goals?! Fuck that guy!

It was a retarded reply (and a lil bit for the lulz) for a retarded post.

I do cardio I just hate the mentality that people who lift weights aren't fit because they don't run on a treadmill. 50 reps of squats gets your heat rate right up, so does pushing a prowler or carrying dumbells around the gym. People associate cardio with mundane running, rowing, or biking for hours on end.

Understood. I've had to listen to far too much stupidity about training in general for the last few months with uni and seeing an educated lifter say something that's so simple minded was the last straw.

Continue.