• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grippy's 2012 Body Transformation

Mate not having a dig here but what is your goal as such? Just read your 1st post in the thread....says you wanna drop bf to see your abs but get stronger/get a 230 dead??

And you program is based off a strength program....id suggest if you really wanna see some changes in the way you look start training more, split this up, move to more a bbing style program and add in some cardio....

You cant have the best of both worlds...it will just result in going nowhere...

i agree with this to an extent, i feel if people are doing a powerlifting program but hoping for the results of becoming shredded or having a physique they see that a bodybuilder has obtained its most likely a dream you have to want one more than the other, e.g my routine would be more classed as 'bodybuilding' but i still push my squats, deads, military press and benching to new pb's 3 out of 4 weeks each month but it wouldnt be as strong or as progressive as everyone on this forum so i guess it just depends what you want most and how you approach it,

Thanks for the input ae. THis program seems to be working well for me at the moment, apart from bench, which i am not too fussed about. Squats and deads have improved, maybe not by much compared to others but they are finally heading in the right direction. As for goals, I am getting rid of some fat which is what I wanted, getting stronger and the next step is to look ok, which I guess will come in time with some work and a diet that I have cleaned the shit out of.

Today's session was a bit of a cock up, twisted some shit changing trans fluid this morning so no squat and bench hurt like Hell at end due to elbow so did 3 singles instead. Had to avoid any other pressing, fukin elbow is shitting me.

Bench
Warm-up to 60 x 10

85 x 3
95 x 3
105 x 1 x 3

Pullovers gay I know

20 x 10
20 x 10
20 x 10

Situps

3 x 10

Hoping all feels better for Deads

Last edited:
Holy shit I had not checked in, in a while and have just see a few of the PB's you have been knocking out !

Especially that 180 squat mate well done !! :)

THanks Reddog.

Have been doing a heap of walking this week, woke up at 4 the other morning and couldn't sleep so walked before work too.

Deads

Warm-up to 140 x 5
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3

Chins

bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5

V Bar Rows

70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Dips

bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 5

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Started 5 x 5 over again, this time with the ramping up version and the heavy triple on Fridays and no extended 3 x 3 period which I thoroughly enjoy but bores me something crazy, so hopefully its a win win for me. Gonna do this for 4 weeks until I have my god damn wisdom teeth ripped out (fuck the dental surgeon), will be few days off there and a big chunk of coin disappearing so depending on how I am tracking and if I feel I have lost momentum either continue on or start it again.
Light day to kick it off.

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
130 x 5
145 x 5

Bench

60 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
90 x 5

P Rows

60 x 5
60 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5

Good Mornings

60 x 6
60 x 6

Situps x 2 x 10

Looking slightly better in the mirror. Weight still stuck around 104. Thighs measure in at slim 25 inches.
Was bored today so did some squat and bench for the Hell of it.

Squats
75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
130 x 5

Bench
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10

1 arm DB row

20 x 10
20 x 10
20 X 10

Situps x 2 x 10

Steamed through today's session, went for a walk afterwards too. Everything seems to feel less thrashed after walking.

Deads

115 x 5
140 x 5
160 x 5
180 x 5

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Mil Press
Started light with these and concentrated purely on form, haven't done em in ages
20 X 5
30 x 5
40 x 5
50 x 5

CG bench

60 x 8
60 x 8

Well I've sat around for a few days now doing sweet f all and have been chomping at the bit to lift something, dental surgeon fella said no gym or anything for at least a while, I figure a few days is a while. Just something to get the blood flowing again before 5 x 5 tomorrow. Weight is down 4 kg to 101, few days of eating jack shit will do that I suppose, still not eating as much as usual but slammed a massive bowl of tuna mornay last night and this morning, oh yeah.
Just did a quick circuit of chins, lunges and push ups to get the body going, followed by some sled drags, felt good to be doing something, although the mouth was throbbing like hell doing push ups. Squats tomorrow!!!

Well I've sat around for a few days now doing sweet f all and have been chomping at the bit to lift something, dental surgeon fella said no gym or anything for at least a while, I figure a few days is a while. Just something to get the blood flowing again before 5 x 5 tomorrow. Weight is down 4 kg to 101, few days of eating jack shit will do that I suppose, still not eating as much as usual but slammed a massive bowl of tuna mornay last night and this morning, oh yeah.
Just did a quick circuit of chins, lunges and push ups to get the body going, followed by some sled drags, felt good to be doing something, although the mouth was throbbing like hell doing push ups. Squats tomorrow!!!

Good on you Grippy! If you're onto tuna already you must be doing ok!

Hang in there, it won't be long before you're full steam ahead again :)

Rapid weight loss tip: have 5 teeth removed, I am down to 99 now :D
Back on track today
Last set of squats were tough, nearly fucked me but I made it, was spitting blood afterwards :confused:.

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
130 x 5
140 x 5

Bench

60 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
90 x 5

P Rows

60 x 5
60 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5

Didn't want to have my head upside down for situps so did some chins instead.

Good work lifting with no teeth .. lol
Keep up the momentum

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Trent, no teeth, lol,

Cooler weather here in Adelaide so have been smashing the sled drags on off days and doing simple stretching sort of shit like lunges and pushups to keep the blood flowing.
Weight down to 100.

Deads

115 x 5
140 x 5
160 x 5
180 x 5 felt easier than the other week

Mil Press

20 x 5
30 x 5
40 x 5
50 x 5

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Chins

BW x 3 x 5

off to cook a fish curry sort of thing for lunch, before going back to work, nom nom nom

Seems weird, the more often I squat and do more shit on off days such as dragging and simple pushups, goblet squats (or whatever the hell they are called), lunges and other shit I am hardly ever sore, feels bloody good.
So it seems, more squats is best :D

Good dragging music in my ears

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJln5fWJGtY"]Drowning Pool "Enemy" -- MUISIC VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

and this to finish when I feel like resting

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEL6_SuQCu8"]Metallica - Master Of Puppets live Seattle 1989 - YouTube[/ame]

Saturday morning squats

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
130 x 5
152.5 x 3
110 x 8

Bench

45 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
92.5 x 3
70 x 8

Rows

40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
85 x 3
60 x 8

Have been squatting bare foot the last couple of weeks, actually feels more comfortable than with the squat shoes. Felt shit today, was gonna pike but thought no way and got stuck into it, by third set of squats I was alive.

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
152.5 x 5

Bench

60 x 5
60 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 5
92.5 x 5

Rows
60 x 5
60 x 5
60 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 5

Banged out some chins and pushups to finish off

Nice squats Grippy! :eek:

Good for you for smashing out this session, even though you didn't feel up to it initially! :)

Weight sitting on 104 still, dunno how the fuck it pushed up and has stayed here, diet is fairly clean and nothing really any different to before. Hmmm. Would have to say I am looking slightly better in the mirror, still too much gut to be happy though, but it on its way to fucking off, I am just trying to push the workload up a bit more by doing more shit on off days.

Deads

115 x 5
140 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5 Was losing grip by last rep, held onto it with tips of fingers to finish it.

Squats

75 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Mil Press

20 x 5
30 x 5
40 x 5
55 x 5

Chins

BW x 3 x 5