• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grinding/Clenching teeth during a heavy lift?

kaz

iLift
Anyone else find they do this?
If you use a mouth guard, where did you get it from?
Im finding I'm doing this every session and can't seem to break out of doing it....

Is that what they call it now

BRB, meeting someone to pick up some 'ammonia' for tree fiddy

Last edited:
If you go the mouthguard route - go to the dentist to get one moulded.

I used to use cheapos from AMART for rugby until I got braces when I was about 12, so I needed a proper mouthguard. Ever since I've always gone to the dentist and would never even consider any other type.

On a serious note I'm chronic grinder/ jaw clencher in my sleep. I also clench when I lift I just have to make sure I have it in my mind not to clench when I squat heavy.

Your dentist can make you this soft thing that clips into uour bite called a splint it lets you stil breath alright unlike a mouthguard. I wear one while I sleep.

I had to get a bunch of crowns cause I ground all my teeth down. After the amount they cost I fucking make sure I look after them now.

I'm a sleep grinder and have been given a plate/guard that was sspecifically moulded to mmy mouth.
However not suitable for PL due to using a fair bit of force biting down.

I'm a sleep grinder and have been given a plate/guard that was sspecifically moulded to mmy mouth.
However not suitable for PL due to using a fair bit of force biting down.

You want the soft splint that clips onto the front bottom teeth not your whole mouth.

I used to wear one occassionally during the day when I used to have a very high stress job. Theres all different kinds and degrees of soft/hard. Should be completely covered by your private health to.

All my private health is exhausted for this year, I ground out 2 molars from a stressful job also.
Haven't heard of the ones that clip on the bottom, the one I have protects the teeth up the back which are soft like silicone.

I've seen some lifters with football-like guards, never been a sports person so no idea what's out there.

Goto a dentist and tell them to put extra protection where you bite. Not that hard. Some nerd burger on Elite FTS had an article a while ago on it. Dont even bother with those boil and bite ones either, they do next to nothing. If you cant afford it just wrap your lips around your teeth, youll stop biting soon enough.