• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPA 2014 Worlds Sydney

Apparently you dont need to lock out, you can drop the bar a foot from the ground on the way down and have soft knees to get 3 white lights now.....

...I love Benni...but he never locked out that 420.
I'm not usually that guy.

Yeah, definitely a no lift. That's what you get when you are famous.

Yep. Red lights for me. Seen better lifts red lighted. But what can you do.

On the other side of the officiating coin, a bloke just got red lighted for what appeared to be an excellent squat attempt with 400kg in NZ. Alledgedly didnt lock knees out before squatting...but you can clearly hear someone yell out to him to do it, then you can see him clearly do it, then received the squat command. Completes the rep. Red lights. Great depth too.

Apparently you dont need to lock out, you can drop the bar a foot from the ground on the way down and have soft knees to get 3 white lights now.....
The judging was inconsistent.

I'm less concerned about what the standards are, and more that there are actually standards which apply to everyone. We didn't see that over this weekend.

To be fair, the rapid expansion of the sport in recent years is a large part of the issue. Just as we can't go from 10-20 competent coaches to 500 in ten years, we also can't get a whole bunch of competent judges from nowhere. It takes time. As well as time, it takes people willing to admit they have something to learn. Among coaches and judges, I'm not seeing that much.

I think judging error will always be there to some extent in strength sports.

that is why I love aths more, no one cares if your arm locks out when you throw or jump. It is all about sheer power and skill.

Only had 30 minutes out in Camperdown. On the way back to work.

Holy fuck those guys are huge. Misha is a legit hero of mine and got to have a chat with him before heading off.

yep, would have been great to meet misha.

210kg snatch and 250kg clean and jerk, and a 3rd place in world's strongest man, not to mention 1000+kg raw total (no wraps).

He is awesome aye. Also chatted to him for a bit last friday. Very normal guy haha. Complete clown though!

SO how bout Chad Smith? The few vids I saw were awesome. He seemed to do very well personally on the weekend.