• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Got abnormal muscles?

canned tuna

Something we probably only notice on ourselves

Got abnormal muscles? Out of shape, etc?

My lower inner pecs are very asymmetrical... one is squared off, one is chopped diagonally

qra8T.jpg

Maybe more mass will solve

Maybe when you've bulked up a bit they'll even out a little more? It's not unusual for bits to not be completely matching? Every woman has one breast bigger or a different shape from the other too. One arm is always longer than the other, we're not perfect beings. It's normal Tuna...don't let it bother you.

The only way to know is to work on bulking that frame right up...continue gaining muscle and see what it looks like with more muscle and meat?

Tuna man, whats going on there?
The left side ain't talkin to the right side?!
You gotta sort that shit out

muscle shape is genetics absolutely and no, you cannot change muscle shape.

But you can put on weight and you can build the muscle.

All the fibers fire across the length of the pectoral muscle, but all do not fire equally.

You can emphasize certain areas, although not isolate them.

Get bigger, that's the only way you'll find out what they'll look like with size?

All the fibers fire across the length of the pectoral muscle, but all do not fire equally.

You can emphasize certain areas, although not isolate them.

Get bigger, that's the only way you'll find out what they'll look like with size?

Are you seriously implying he could train his chest in a certain manner so that the inside of his pecs would be uniform, get the inside of one pecs to grow and not the other???

To the OP I am jelly of your leanness, that wouldn't be so obvious if you carried a little more bodyfat. Go on a decent bulk and you will hardly notice it. Good to see some decent progress from one of the young guns.

Are you seriously implying he could train his chest in a certain manner so that the inside of his pecs would be uniform, get the inside of one pecs to grow and not the other???

To the OP I am jelly of your leanness, that wouldn't be so obvious if you carried a little more bodyfat. Go on a decent bulk and you will hardly notice it. Good to see some decent progress from one of the young guns.

I'm sorry, does it say that anywhere in my post? :confused:

I thought I made it fairly clear that you cannot isolate any part of the pec to specifically make it bigger - but only he will be able to tell with an increase in overall mass and continued exercise of his pec, what it will look like when he's gained 20kg??

Our genetics make up the size and shape of our muscles. Our genetics also determine how that muscle grows when it's trained. Can you target isolated spots of the peck? The inner or outer? The upper or lower? Well that's debatable, my answer is no and I thought I said that quite specifically?

But you CAN work the muscle and Tuna's genetics will determine how it grows, how the fibres fire and what it will look like when he's done bulking is yet to be known.

I don't know how much clearer I have to make that?

Tuna - I was talking to my Uncle about this very issue the other night, because he had problems with symmetry for years with his pecs whilst bb'ing. It's common and yes, whilst the muscle shape is genetic. Sometimes its the way we workout too.

We're naturally inclined to offer more resistance and tension with the side of our body that is dominant (i.e. if you're right handed, your movements with this side of your body are usually, but not always, more controlled and have greater intensity and contraction and vise versa)

Ensuring your form is correct and your working with even resistance will make a difference to your chest workouts and will help fire the fibres of the muscle more evenly.

My Uncles chest work out consisted of (& still does):

flat bench press
incline press
decline bench press
flat bench flys
incline flys

But he had to ensure that his technique was correct for both sides of his chest to receive even and equal resistance and tension as his right (dominant) pec was growing faster than his left.

Having someone check your form and ensuring that the barbell or dumbbells are both coming up at an equal distance from the chest when the contraction is at its full distance from the pectoral region is a good way to achieve an even workout.

Can you target and isolate specific parts of your chest? No.
But you can work the muscle evenly and completely and your body will determine how the muscle fibres fire and grow.

Add mass and it will look different. Each side may not ever match, but then, as stated in my earlier post, everyone suffers from this to some degree. It's normal. But mass may make it look less pronounced? Maybe it won't.

Either way, only you and your body can answer that.

My lower inner pecs are very asymmetrical... one is squared off, one is chopped diagonally

Is that your dominant side (camera in hand)

It's interesting is the shape due to the genetics or in spite of extra work the dominant side receives?

Last edited:

You can emphasize certain areas
, although not isolate them.

See the part in bold this is what I was responding too. How would you propose the op would emphasis a small portion of his lower inner pec?

I thought I made it fairly clear that you cannot isolate any part of the pec to specifically make it bigger - but only he will be able to tell with an increase in overall mass and continued exercise of his pec, what it will look like when he's gained 20kg??

I don't think your original post was that clear at all but in response to the above -

His chest would look markedly different if he put on 20kg of mass if that mass was made of a large portion of fat the imbalance would not even be noticeable if however he made a 20kg bodyweight gain but was super lean his inner lower pecs would look same in terms of the difference between left and right they would just be bigger.

It's genetics you can't change it.

Could try synthol if you were a moron and it really bothered you that much.

It doesn't even look that bad IMO.

yer, holding camera with dominant side (right hand)..

I had a bit of a google about it and according to one bro, form plays a big part aswel as genetics.... I dunno if thats true hiwever I do know my form is not always equal and perfect so perhaps it's exacerbating the imbalance

I might drop the DB weight a bit and focus on form.. it may or it may not improve it, but I'll give it a trial

No way to synthol.. not that big of a deal haha

Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone else got asymmetrical muscles? Feel free to flash your pecs Bella :D

de ja vu? :eek:

lol

Um no. I believe I already have?

Mine are pretty good. Pectoral muscles however are a WHOLE other story. I'm only JUST beginning to find them lol

cheeky lad.

Watch your form, it makes sense. Even I find I give more contraction and resistence when working my right side, as that's naturally my more controlled and dominant side. It's something we all have to work on and watch.

You're looking fabbo regardless Tuna. Continue to bullk up, it'll be interesting to see what you look like with more weight on that frame ;)

Bella will post pics....but perhaps not of the pectorals :eek:

lol

yer, holding camera with dominant side (right hand)..

I had a bit of a google about it and according to one bro, form plays a big part aswel as genetics.... I dunno if thats true hiwever I do know my form is not always equal and perfect so perhaps it's exacerbating the imbalance

I might drop the DB weight a bit and focus on form.. it may or it may not improve it, but I'll give it a trial

No way to synthol.. not that big of a deal haha

Cheers

Yeah I was just taking the piss only a real dick would take synthol. Mate don't go dialling back your weight just to try and fix that, trust me no one but you will even notice it. If one side is dominant when doing DB work why not just do more barbell work.

Lift big get big, obsess about perfect symetry if and when you ever wanna compete.

Anyone else got asymmetrical muscles?

dont even worry about it mate, seriously no one will notice unless you point it out.

My arms vary by 2inchs, my calves are about 3inches different. quads pecs lats all arnt perfect, but no one has ever noticed unless I've pointed it out.

dont even worry about it mate, seriously no one will notice unless you point it out.

My arms vary by 2inchs, my calves are about 3inches different. quads pecs lats all arnt perfect, but no one has ever noticed unless I've pointed it out.

You're arms vary by 2 inch? If you're talking about bicep size then i'd nearly call bullshit. Same with calves as well.... Yeah im calling bullshit that they're that different and if they are that nobody notices... Actually you could probably get away with it if you're a big guy with high bf...