• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

good mornings

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
ive always been a little bit scared of good mornings they look like a good way to hurt your backbut as im always looking at ways of strengthening my back i want to give them a go. would seated good mornings be a better option for someone looking to ease their way into them? i suffer from a bit of lower back soreness and muscle tightness from my occupation so i think seated good mornings look pretty good at the moment.

ive always been a little bit scared of good mornings they look like a good way to hurt your backbut as im always looking at ways of strengthening my back i want to give them a go. would seated good mornings be a better option for someone looking to ease their way into them? i suffer from a bit of lower back soreness and muscle tightness from my occupation so i think seated good mornings look pretty good at the moment.

Great exercise. Do them standing, start light 30-40kg and slowly build up.

I never got much out of them, I increased my 10rm good morning by 15kg but it had little effect on my squat & deadlift (I was training the squat and deadlift at the same time)

I think they work well for people with the right body proportions & geared lifters that have to sit right back into a squat

Can i do good mornings and sldl on my off day eg sat or Sunday?my current workout days are Mon, wed and Friday

Good Morning's once per week on your light day is enough. I love these. Best was 100kg for 10 reps. Would feel sick and dizzy afterward, but worth it.

I do Max Effort Good Mornings suspended in chains. This removes any crazy reversal loading on your spine and sets you at what ever depth you chose to lift with.

I found they do help build some strength in to the back & postural areas

I do Max Effort Good Mornings suspended in chains. This removes any crazy reversal loading on your spine and sets you at what ever depth you chose to lift with.

I found they do help build some strength in to the back & postural areas
Suspended GM's are great but I want to know what sick bastard thought using the word "Good" in the name was appropriate!

I've only just starting using these in my program, I love doing them. I never thought I was doing them right but a male trainer at FF went through them with me today and managed 35kgs. Going for 40kgs next week:)

Dunno if it means anything to anyone but bill starr suggests you should be able to perform 3x8 good mornings with 50% of your back squat 1RM

Dunno if it means anything to anyone but bill starr suggests you should be able to perform 3x8 good mornings with 50% of your back squat 1RM

Yep it's in the article I linked at the top of this thread. Also don't go straight to 50% of your squat weight and start doing GMs. Build up slowly.

Everytime i give good mornings to a the new guys and put in even 30% of their squat weights. They end up rounding the back. Im not sure why bill would recommend on doing 50%. Unless it was taken out of context.