• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good gyms around perth.

tomibe

Hey guys!

I've just turned 18, and decided i want to get bigger and cut my fat down.
I'm currently 176 cm, and 83kg.
My gym membership expired today, and i'm wondering what are good gyms in the perth metro area.
I live in Noranda/Dianella and i'm hoping to find a good gym around there.
I'm looking for something that's not too pricey, and has good equipment.
something around $15 a week would be great.

Cheers Tomi.

Not sure where you are but there are 2 good gyms in Perth.
Ptc Perth and muscle pit.

I have never been to both, but I know the owners of both gyms personally, and they are run by good people.

I did however just get back from competing at the world powerlifting champs in eastern europe with Dan Rucci who is one of the owners at PTC Perth, and I can't speak highly enough about him.

If you live in Noranda, PTC is just around the corner from you in Malaga. Call one of the Rucci's or send them an email. Their details are on ptcperth.com.au

PTC Perth is about $70 a month. This includes a program written for you that reflects your goals and a bunch of guys screaming encouragement at you when you're stuck at the bottom of a squat.

woah man, that's pretty cool!
I haven't been into the body building scene for very long so I'm not to accustomed to it. I just looked em up, Ptc is really close but it's too expensive for me.
Muscle pit is too far away from me so i won't be able to get there on time since I go to uni and work almost every day of the week.
I've looked at a place called flex fitness which is kinda close to me and not too expensive.
I've also looked at anytime fitness but i've heard they don't have barbells or bench press which is shit.

cheers.

woah man, that's pretty cool!
I haven't been into the body building scene for very long so I'm not to accustomed to it. I just looked em up, Ptc is really close but it's too expensive for me.
Muscle pit is too far away from me so i won't be able to get there on time since I go to uni and work almost every day of the week.
I've looked at a place called flex fitness which is kinda close to me and not too expensive.
I've also looked at anytime fitness but i've heard they don't have barbells or bench press which is shit.

cheers.

You said $15 a week was your budget. $15x4 = $90 a month. PTC is less than that.

There's very few places in Perth (trust me I looked for a year) that have multiple squat racks with people actually squatting in them and spotting / encouraging each other. Most places ya go to, you're either the only person there or some fuckwit is doing curls in the rack. I needed somewhere with atmosphere and got it.

I'd contact PTC anyway man just for a chat if they are close.
They will have the best set up in WA soon and for 17,50 a week it would be worth it.

Remember, training with a great bunch of lifters will push you to a level which would be difficult at a main stream gym.

You said $15 a week was your budget. $15x4 = $90 a month. PTC is less than that.

There's very few places in Perth (trust me I looked for a year) that have multiple squat racks with people actually squatting in them and spotting / encouraging each other. Most places ya go to, you're either the only person there or some fuckwit is doing curls in the rack. I needed somewhere with atmosphere and got it.

Check your math wingers lol

Still only $2.50 more per week though, for the best gym around.

Not trying to be rude or anything but 15x4 is $60.
I didn't see the pricing on the site i thought it was $35 a week which seemed too high, but since it turns out to be $17.50 a week i can definitely afford that.
I'll have to go in tomorrow and check it out.

Cheers guys!

Fuck its late, leave me alone. You should see me add up plates on a bar lol. And to think I got A's for calculus.

Great news tomibe.
In going to try and make it over there in the next 6 months too.

Wingers, go to bed haha.

hahaha, nah that's alright man.
While i've got you guys here, do you recommend use of supplements. e.g protein.
I've always stayed away from the stuff because i prefer a big meal then a powdery treat, but i've asked people around and they say it deffinitely gives you an advantage.

What do you think?

Hey mate, I looked at the time schedule i don't know if i'll be able to make it every weekday between 5pm and 10pm. I'm just wondering can you open earlier or later, I rode my bike to your gym this morning but nobody was there! I would like to join the only problem is I don't know if I will manage to fit in the time frame!

Cheers Tomi.

You dont have to come in every day.

3 times a week, maybe 4. Most people do 3 times per week.

Of course no one was there this morning, the opening hours are 5pm-10pm weekdays and 9am to 5pm on saturday haha.

Unfortunately these are the hours we are limited to right now because we have day jobs.

ok, yeah but see Monday and Tuesday, I have university in joondalup untill 9 pm, by the time i get back to malaga it'll be 9:30/45. Wednesdays and Thursdays I have work till 9 and fridays I'm usually working late aswell. I'm not sure if i can fit between 5-10pm on weekdays, I prefer early morning gym around 6:30 am.

Cheers, Tomi.

Well thats unfortunate Tomi, you could come down Saturdays for some casual visits.

We are hoping that soon we'll be able to extend our hours, but right now, its not a possibility.