• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gomad

birch

I realised today that I am not drinking enough milk. All I have is 300ml with my breakfast shake and 250ml with my PWO shake. So I want to start drinking at least 2L a day, and 3L if possible. The problem I have is that I work as a truck driver's offsider so I can't really see myself taking a 1-2L bottle of milk with me.

My question is, is it more ideal to spread the drinking out, rather than drinking a lot at one time? If I want to drink at least 2L, then most of it would be had between 3pm-10pm, is that fine?

Organic light milk only (unhomogonised) only...

And spread out would be better..your body can only process a certain amount of glucose at one time any extra will be shuffled to fat storage..

Last edited:
I am not a fan of this gomad thing but a lot of people here seem to have had results or have seen others results with it.

If you feel the need to try gomad then surely you can smash down another glass before leaving for work?

In response to your timing question it would be better (and easier) to spread it out.
Same principal as having 5-6 meals a day instead of 3.

If you don't mind the taste of powdered milk and simply must have milk then you could take a shaker with some milk powder to work and just add water when you want to drink it.

Don't forget, 3L of skim milk is 1150 calories, so if that fits into your diet then sweet :) I would still prefer to get those calories in a more varied way (if for nothing else than just being bored with milk!) but to each their own!

Yeah i found it out myself, that drinking at 300ml to 500ml intervals was better for my body, than say 1 litre. I was getting bad stomach cramps and bloated that i wanted to vomit it out.

I took 3 or 4 turds a day when I started drinking 3-4 litres daily.
HaHa, Im a truck driver and am constantly having to stop to back one out since upping my milk intake.
I find the best way is some in the morning, a 600ml carton around my smoko time and a 1l carton with lunch, then more during the arvo and evening.

I drink 4l a day. I drink it 1l at a time evenly spaced through the day.

If I don't drink my 4l, I get withdrawels haha. I'm going to hate cutting my milk intake down once I hit 90kg.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't really see myself taking a 1-2L bottle of milk with me.

What is stopping you?
If the big truckies are taking the piss,tell them to get stuffed.If it is something else there is always a way around it.
If it is too hot ,freeze a two litre bottle and sip it through the day as it melts.
Or powdered milk is a good alternative.Put a scoop or two into a pet bottle and fill it with water as needed,shake and down the hatch.Take 2,3 or even more bottles if you have to.

It all separates but it is still drinkable.As it melts you shake give it a good shaking and it isn`t too bad.If you are after a taste sensation I wouldn`t recommend it.

I gotta say for all you gomaders out there -

I did it and i wouldnt recommend it.

3L of weight plus an average diet I was packing on weight FAST. infact ive never lost it all, lol.

I'd probs try and get your diet right first, and then go up by 0.5L a week from there.

You have to eat clean if you're going to GOMAD.

If you do it correctly your strength and size will go up like mad.

If your diet is only average and you add 3L of milk to it of course you're going to add fat.

The key is a clean diet and LOTS OF HEAVY SQUATS.

To digress a bit on the squats and milk routine.
The results come from how hard you squat, not how hard you drink milk.

The whole "bulking" thing is a mish mash of useless information. Just what, exactly, are you doing when you are "bulking"?

Are you trying to gain weight quickly? Are you trying to gain weight and strength quickly? Are you sacrificing personal aesthetics? Just what are you doing?

Just by eating too much, you'll bulk up.

From my perspective, bulking up is simply a matter of focus and priorities.

You cut back on other activities and place your emphasis on basic, heavy, barbell movements and eat additional protein rich foods to allow recovery from the weight work.

Are you going to get stronger? Probably, particularly if you did things like squats, rows and deadlifts. Are you going to get stronger faster? Probably not. What you are doing by following a "bulking" program is limiting the amount of activities and strain on your recovery system to push back or postpone overtraining.

Last edited:
To digress a bit on the squats and milk routine.
The results come from how hard you squat, not how hard you drink milk.

I like the idea of drinking milk hard and squatting easy...
If that produced results I would be on the gomad bandwagon for sure!
But until then I'll squat hard and eat a BALANCED diet.

I think Oliver is right in saying to at least increase by small amounts to build up to the right amount, not just smash down 4L a day because that's what someone 40kg heavier than you does.

Personally i think it is easier to drink then eat calories.

So if someone thinks they are eaitng alot but are not gianing then consuming less water and more milk is a no brainer...

It is just an easy way to intake more calories..

On the other hand think of this...

High intakes of skimmed milk, but not meat, increase serum IGF-I and IGFBP-3 in eight-year-old boys

C Hoppe1, C Mølgaard1, A Juul2 and K F Michaelsen1
Abstract

Objective: To examine whether a high protein intake (PI) from either milk or meat, at a level often seen in late infancy, could increase s-IGF-I and s-IGF-I/s-IGFBP-3 in healthy, prepubertal children. IGF-I levels are positively associated with growth velocity in children and some studies suggest that a high animal PI can stimulate growth. During protein deprivation IGF-I decrease, but it is unknown whether a high PI can increase s-IGF-I in well-nourished children.
Design: In all, 24 8-y-old boys were asked to take either 1.5 l of skimmed milk (n=12) or the same amount of protein as 250 g low fat meat (n=12) daily for 7 days. The remaining diet they could choose freely. At baseline and after 7 days, anthropometrical variables were measured, diet was registered (3-day weighed records), and s-IGF-I and s-IGFBP-3 (RIA) were determined after fast.
Results: PI increased by 61% in the milk group to 4.0 g/kg/day (P<0.0001) and by 54% in the meat group to 3.8 g/kg/day (P=0.001). The high milk intake increased s-IGF-I by 19% (P=0.001) and s-IGF-I/s-IGFBP-3 by 13% (P<0.0001). There were no increases in the meat group.
Conclusions: High intake of milk and not meat, increased concentrations of s-IGF-I and s-IGF-I/s-IGFBP-3 significantly. Compounds in milk and not a high PI as such seem to stimulate IGF-I. This might explain the positive effect of milk intake on growth seen in some studies.

If I had an unlimited budget and wanted to mass up whilst keeping it lean I'd just bump my protein intake up to 2g per pound of bodyweight a day. Easiest way of doing this is to eat 1kg of meat a day.

If I had an unlimited budget and wanted to mass up whilst keeping it lean I'd just bump my protein intake up to 2g per pound of bodyweight a day. Easiest way of doing this is to eat 1kg of meat a day.

Thats cheap?

1kg of kangaroo mince is like 7 bucks at woolies..