• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Glucose and Testosterone

Carbs specifically don't make you fat. Eat excess calories from any macro and it will cause fat gain. How the fuck do people not get this. If it was that easy we could all just eat low carb never ever have to count a calorie again and all be ripped and we know that doesn't work.

It's not about carb vs fat I mentiond coconut too which is laced in saturated fat I belive it is excess calories too, cals in vs out as well. But not all calories are created equally if I had to get 2000 cals from chicken vs coke I'd take chicken..both 2000 calories worth..so u reckon if u had potatoes vs chicken for 6 weeks 2000 calories split over 6 weeks the body composition would be the same? Or potatoes vs coke or beef vs chicken?

Carbs specifically don't make you fat. Eat excess calories from any macro and it will cause fat gain. How the fuck do people not get this. If it was that easy we could all just eat low carb never ever have to count a calorie again and all be ripped and we know that doesn't work.

It's not about carb vs fat I mentiond coconut too which is laced in saturated fat I belive it is excess calories too, cals in vs out as well. But not all calories are created equally if I had to get 2000 cals from chicken vs coke I'd take chicken..both 2000 calories worth..so u reckon if u had potatoes vs chicken for 6 weeks 2000 calories split over 6 weeks the body composition would be the same? Or potatoes vs coke or beef vs chicken? A ton of feathers vs a tone of rocks are the same in weight but differently in reality

Interesting. sort of agree with Bazza, but am also interested in effects of glucose.

I have always eaten a lot of carbs, but when i have dieted to get lean have always cut simple sugars besides some fruit.

In early 1980s, when trying to increase bodyweight, was also drinking 3 litres of coke a day but ate everything and anything then.

Interesting. sort of agree with Bazza, but am also interested in effects of glucose.

I have always eaten a lot of carbs, but when i have dieted to get lean have always cut simple sugars besides some fruit.

In early 1980s, when trying to increase bodyweight, was also drinking 3 litres of coke a day but ate everything and anything then.

Really 3 litres damn !! Loll dextrose and glucose are fine like Gatorade to sip on but I still reckon a balanced diet gets the best result u need glycogen from carbs for fuel, protein for sparing muscle tissue and fat for Hdl LDL heart health not just 2000 from one source..u would be and idiot to go on 100% protein diet same a 100% carbohydrate diet or 100% fat diet loll abuse from glucose is fucked as stated in this study as well as abuse from any other macro..balanced is better

did not drink 3l of coke for a long time, probably just in hot periods in early 1980s. Do like coke when hot, but limit it to 2 cans a day
mostly one)

Never liked water then, still dont unless icy cold.

Yes, balance always key.

Really 3 litres damn !! Loll dextrose and glucose are fine like Gatorade to sip on but I still reckon a balanced diet gets the best result u need glycogen from carbs for fuel, protein for sparing muscle tissue and fat for Hdl LDL heart health not just 2000 from one source..u would be and idiot to go on 100% protein diet same a 100% carbohydrate diet or 100% fat diet loll abuse from glucose is fucked as stated in this study as well as abuse from any other macro..balanced is better

Of course a balance diet it what you want, I'm not and I am sure no one else would argue against a balanced diet.

What is balanced for one person will be different for another. It will depend on the person and the goals they have.

It's not about carb vs fat I mentiond coconut too which is laced in saturated fat I belive it is excess calories too, cals in vs out as well. But not all calories are created equally if I had to get 2000 cals from chicken vs coke I'd take chicken..both 2000 calories worth..so u reckon if u had potatoes vs chicken for 6 weeks 2000 calories split over 6 weeks the body composition would be the same? Or potatoes vs coke or beef vs chicken? A ton of feathers vs a tone of rocks are the same in weight but differently in reality

You are comparing foods with different macros and nutrients. Of course they are different. Still doesn't mean carbs make you fat.

Agree with that (bazza). From memory, body can store around 2000 calories of glycogen. Extra carbs will be converted to fat.

I suppose that is why many recommend cutting down on carbs towards end of day when need for such a rapid source of enrgy declines.

Again, if one worked hard all day, body may be craving a large plate of carb-sourced food. Office worker may have little need.

There are so many variables, and i think few studies make the effort to include such variables when making their judgments.

For myself, i consume around 60% of my energy needs from carbs: bread, pototoes, pasta, fruit and so on. I do this, whether dieting or seeking to build muscle. I just cut refined foods and drinks when dieting to make every calorie count, just in case there is such a thing as a useless calorie.

Last edited:
interesting where this went...:) I'm pretty sure also that its the increase in fat stores that increases E.

"I'm unhappy cause I'm fat and I eat cause I'm unhappy."

Aside from the whole calorie thing. The test seemed to be very specific to glucose and 75g of it in one sitting.

interesting where this went...:) I'm pretty sure also that its the increase in fat stores that increases E.

"I'm unhappy cause I'm fat and I eat cause I'm unhappy."

Aside from the whole calorie thing. The test seemed to be very specific to glucose and 75g of it in one sitting.

U reckon mass gainers would cause the decrease in test? Alot of them contain dextrose aka glucose ?

U reckon mass gainers would cause the decrease in test? Alot of them contain dextrose aka glucose ?

From what I can see the test were done with carbs only. So maybe the protein/carb mix reacts differently. IMO I would say no.

Remember that insulin is extremely anabolic also.

From what I can see the test were done with carbs only. So maybe the protein/carb mix reacts differently. IMO I would say no.

Remember that insulin is extremely anabolic also.

True I've herd debates on that I believe it is anabolic personally..that's why Nasser el sonbaty and co injected the shot like they where diabetic

Just say your calorie intake (rdi) is 2000 and you consume those 2000 as say potatoes, glucose or maltodextrin problebly even coconut u will gain fat storage consuming those 2000 as compared to a balanced diet , I'm pretty sure not all calories are created equally in terms compared to a balanced 40/40/20 diet. If you drank 2000 cals only in coke you reckon u wouldn't get fat!? If that was your rdi I mean :)

This shows you know little about nutrition..

Eat all your calories in whey protein and you will die/ FACT

There for protein is bad for you...

This shows you know little about nutrition..

Eat all your calories in whey protein and you will die/ FACT

There for protein is bad for you...

Huh ? Dude who said eat all your calories in whey protein ?? If u re read again what I posted I said if u consume 100 % of just 1 macro u are asking for trouble..and if u where to eat 2000 calorie of cookies compared to 2000 calorie diet of chicken would u look the same? I'm no expert I don't claim to be brah but not all calories are made equal..any way man I've had enough of this stupid study.bodybuilding nutrition is as bad as politics and talking religions ppl get so worked up jack shit and opinions.

Huh ? Dude who said eat all your calories in whey protein ?? If u re read again what I posted I said if u consume 100 % of just 1 macro u are asking for trouble..and if u where to eat 2000 calorie of cookies compared to 2000 calorie diet of chicken would u look the same? I'm no expert I don't claim to be brah but not all calories are made equal..any way man I've had enough of this stupid study.bodybuilding nutrition is as bad as politics and talking religions ppl get so worked up jack shit and opinions.

Why would you look the same? You need protein for protein synthesis, there is no protein in glucose.

This is a stupid argument, never is anyone going to be eating only cookies, mars bars, or ice cream or any other one food.

If you eat too many calories you get fat.

If you dont eat adequate protein to have a nitrogen excess then you will lose muscle mass.

If you dont eat adequate fats you wont have building blocks for membranes.

If you dont eat enough carbohydrates you wont have adequate glycogen for optimal performance and you will miss micronutrients contained in carbohydrate sources.

Sugar spikes insulin, so does BCAA's and protein (contains BCAA's)

Eating fat stores directly as fat.

Eating excess carbohydrates bluntins fat oxidation

Eating excess protein bluntins fat oxidation

Eating excess calories bluntins fat oxidation

Eating excess protein increases protein oxidation]

Eating excess carbohydrates increases carbohydrate oxidation

Eating excess fat increases fat oxidation.

If you eat more carbohydrates daily caloric allowance then fat oxidation will be stopped and excess carbohydrates will be converted into triglyceride and deposit in fat cells.

If you eat excess protein that goes above your daily caloric allowance then the above will occur.

The body deposits and utilizes fatty acids from the body through out the day. It doesnt just happen in one go. Eating a cookie does not mean you just got fatter because it wasnt tuna.

Lol ok 'brah' sounds like u know ur stuff!

Everyones winging about testosterone... Does anyone know how anabolic insulin is?

I agree and that's why I mentioned that same thing previously. I think I know the answer to this question but what were ur thoughts on the article.

Last edited: