• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Glucose and Testosterone

read how sugar stops me from getting a boner. not sure if serious....

HA yeah some of the interpretations are a but squew. I cant say I've ever had a 600ml lemonade and not been able to get it up lol. The results were very surprising to me though.
The reason I came across this was because I was trying to find the effects of spiking insulin pre training(pros/cons), whether it be from carbs or aminos.

Could also explain why the obese get man boobs (gyno) test suppression = higher E too true?

Not nececerseraly some of those biggest looser contestants had gyno surgery..and obesity is linked to high e from what I know..good study either way bro

Not nececerseraly some of those biggest looser contestants had gyno surgery..and obesity is linked to high e from what I know..good study either way bro

Much of that would be just lose skin from being so fucking fat.

Cheers.
I was quite shocked at how low the T levels actually went. I normally take about 50g of carbs pre training to help with what seems to be a bit of reactive hypoglycemia and was thinking what effect this is having. That being said I'm using a mix of carbs not just glucose which the study seemed to be specific to.

Last edited:
Cheers.
I was quite shocked at how low the T levels actually went. I normally take about 50g of carbs pre training to help with what seems to be a bit of reactive hypoglycemia and was thinking what effect this is having. That being said I'm using a mix of carbs not just glucose which the study seemed to be specific to.

Dis u get bloods done ?

Glucose is linked to fat storage and fat storage is linked to higher estrogen levels..but allthough this study didn't mention fat storage glucose in the metabolism of glucose obviously it disrupts t levels weather it be short term as in (metabolite) of glucose or in the longer of (fat storage)

Glucose is linked to fat storage and fat storage is linked to higher estrogen levels..but allthough this study didn't mention fat storage glucose in the metabolism of glucose obviously it disrupts t levels weather it be short term as in (metabolite) of glucose or in the longer of (fat storage)

Excess calories are linked to fat storage.

Excess calories are linked to fat storage.

Just say your calorie intake (rdi) is 2000 and you consume those 2000 as say potatoes, glucose or maltodextrin problebly even coconut u will gain fat storage consuming those 2000 as compared to a balanced diet , I'm pretty sure not all calories are created equally in terms compared to a balanced 40/40/20 diet. If you drank 2000 cals only in coke you reckon u wouldn't get fat!? If that was your rdi I mean :)

Just say your calorie intake (rdi) is 2000 and you consume those 2000 as say potatoes, glucose or maltodextrin problebly even coconut u will gain fat storage consuming those 2000 as compared to a balanced diet , I'm pretty sure not all calories are created equally in terms compared to a balanced 40/40/20 diet. If you drank 2000 cals only in coke you reckon u wouldn't get fat!? If that was your rdi I mean :)

Carbs specifically don't make you fat. Eat excess calories from any macro and it will cause fat gain. How the fuck do people not get this. If it was that easy we could all just eat low carb never ever have to count a calorie again and all be ripped and we know that doesn't work.