• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

getting my bench up

Xmas is a long way away so it should be no problem.

How difficult was it to get to 105? That will give you a clue.

Quite awhile I've always piss farted around. But have been smashing it lately added 5kg to my bench in the last. Month. And my ohp has gone up aswell

I reckon you can do it. Took me about 4-5 months to hit 120 from 105. Getting past 130 is proving a bastard though!

I reckon you can do it. Took me about 4-5 months to hit 120 from 105. Getting past 130 is proving a bastard though!

Every time you bench try loading up 150 and unrack it (in a safe manner) It will get your head past 130 and it will help if your head is the problem.

Thanks mate I'll give that a try.

Also in need of a good bench program... Doing brobuilding to try and add muscle mass at the moment cause I'm very tall and fairly skinny.

Also in need of a good bench program... Doing brobuilding to try and add muscle mass at the moment cause I'm very tall and fairly skinny.

Have you added any bromuscle with your brobuilding?

Good luck with getting a bench program. I can't help you, I'm a brobuilder from way back. Congratulations on seeing the light at the end of the mirror and coming over to our side. You might never go back. ;)

Agree with nick, for a bigger bench, bench more, and target ALL the muscles in the pectoral girdle, pushing and pulling.

Jj80.......140 by Christmas......GO!

In the past 5 months I've gotten my bench from 115 to 127.5 (paused) and climbing, after being stalled for quite a while, bodyweight unchanged. The difference: benching 3 times a week and lots of volume, whereas before it was super high intensity 1 day a week and speed work 1 day a week.

This year, I had success with both higher intensity + lots of accessory work (RTS) and with lower intensity and very little accessory work (Sheiko #37) - but in both instances, I think the key was frequency and incorporating paused work off the chest. Each 4-6 weeks, I've only picked up 2.5kg or so but I've been much more consistent than in the past, so over time it has just added up.