• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Get huge without lifting weights.

dave

Anonymous User
Have a look at the mice in this picture, the first is normal, the second has one method of blocking a myostatin (negative regulater of muscle growth, basically it says break down muscle), the last ronnie coleman sized mouse has used follistatin to block myostatin activity. Warning the mice are dead and have been skinned.

Attachments

• pq1512700002.jpg
    pq1512700002.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 123
Dave, these pics are interesting but I'm sure there are a few like me that don't understand your post, do you mind explaining that in layman's language? Is there something here that us trainers can take from?

Myostatin is a protein that tells your muscle to breakdown. Muscle is always breaking down and rebuilding itself at the same time, since myostatin signals faster breakdown of muscle blocking its effects increases muscle mass by having less breakdown while building of muscle stays the same. Basically you are taking out the negative portion of the cycle. There are drugs being developed for this.ht]ace-031 Mostly the are intended for muscular dystrophy patients in clinical settings but you can bet that this will be hitting a Mr O wannabe as well and then trickling down to gym goers.

Thats craaazy. Hardcore mouse right there. Truly amazing what they're doing in science today. Pushing the boundaries, when will we start seeing actual genetic modification?

there's already several myostatin inhibitor supplements out there. But like most supplements, they're prolly just a load of garbage supported by studies that don't exist

Yeah I would imagine those myostatin inhibitor supplements would be a hoax. If you could achieve that so easily, why did it takes scientists so long to develop the belgian blue. It only happened through generations of selective breeding.

Drugs are only in testing now, and the last one I read about failed so no supplement will do it. Belgian blues were genetically breed for a long time, scariest looking cows I have ever seen.