• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Garage Gym Barbell

Brick

I am looking at possibly buying one of these. It is the black oxide G2 marketed as a crossfit barbell. I will get it at about 25% of the retail price.

Anyone used one, some feedback would be good, I realise it is not in the same class as an ABC or texas but it is cheap and my 2nd $85 china bar is starting to bend so is about to be relegated to the land of rackpulls. For $50- $60 more I can probably land the Garage Gym bar.

One of the crossfit coaches I talked to recommended it when I was looking for a cheap oly bar. He's had his for +6 months and they're still straight and the bearings are spinning fine.

One of the crossfit coaches I talked to recommended it when I was looking for a cheap oly bar. He's had his for +6 months and they're still straight and the bearings are spinning fine.

Sweet the wholesale fitness place in Ashmore has one that is scratch and dent stock, depending on the price I'm probably gonna snavel it. They retail for a bullshit price but this bad boy is cheap. They got another one that has the bushes fucked in it probs grab that as well try and replace the bushes and onsell it.

Thanks Freako, hows the war wounds mate?

I wanted to enter the push/pull your having but I'm still fucked can't bench or squat at all without my shoulder hurting. Taken nearly the entire month off. Its fucking driving me crazy.

Last edited:
Sweet the wholesale fitness place in Ashmore has one that is scratch and dent stock, depending on the price I'm probably gonna snavel it. They retail for a bullshit price but this bad boy is cheap. They got another one that has the bushes fucked in it probs grab that as well try and replace the bushes and onsell it.

Thanks Freako, hows the war wounds mate?

I wanted to enter the push/pull your having but I'm still fucked can't bench or squat at all without my shoulder hurting. Taken nearly the entire month off. Its fucking driving me crazy.

Fingers crossed I'll come good though if it wasn't for the Oceanias I'd probably have taken the rest of the year off. Luckily next year's is in Auckland so if I'm careful next year I'll be good to set Commonwealth records next year.

I was gonna get one but I think I saw in the barbell 'megathread' someone reporting that they bent their garage gym bar doing relatively light weights. I may be wrong, may have been another brand, but check the thread.

I was gonna get one but I think I saw in the barbell 'megathread' someone reporting that they bent their garage gym bar doing relatively light weights. I may be wrong, may have been another brand, but check the thread.

Ithink those were the ball bearing bars, this is the bushed bar marketed as the 'crossfit' model. It retails for $450 i think. Max price I'll pay is $150.

I had a max bid on the bar on ebay of $150 ended up going for $155, still a bargain for a bar that retails for $400.

What's the username for them again? Exdemo something?

exdemo_fitness they flog alot of good shit cheap but pickup only so limits the pool of people that can bid.

Had a bunch of scuffed and dented bumpers go for $2 a kg last week.

It was you that put me onto them.

exdemo_fitness they flog alot of good shit cheap but pickup only so limits the pool of people that can bid.

Had a bunch of scuffed and dented bumpers go for $2 a kg last week.

It was you that put me onto them.

Yeah, I always forget their damn name now. Bookmarking it!

hahaha, might have lost it to me :p

did you have a look at it in person, so there was a scratch/dent in it?

If it was the Garage Gym bar G2S, stay well clear of it. I bought one when I was in a similar situation to you and it lasted just over a week. They wouldn't reply to emails about warranty/ replacement either.
Even if I didn't manage to bend it, the knurling was very shit... It was very uneven (thiick in some places, soft in others).
Just save up and buy a Texas or ABC... I wish I had of bought one straight away,