• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaining too much weight. Need Help.

lozzo

Ive been training now for about 3 months and im starting to grasp the lifting side of things. However when it comes to diet im still a complete dumbass. All i know is "eat protein". Ive gained 10 kilos since i started training, gone from 110 to 120. Ideally i'd like to get back down to around 110, how manageable a weight that is considering im 6'4", is unclear to me, as i said im clueless.

My diet is roughly:
Breakfast
2 pieces of toast
2 eggs
Small portion of yoghurt
Morning Tea
Banana
*WORKOUT*
Post Workout/Lunch
300g Breast Chicken with greens and BBQ sauce made into a Roll.
WPC Shake
Afternoon Tea (Sometimes skip this.)
WPC Shake
Handful of almonds/yoghurt
Dinner
Roast Lamb & Vegies/Steak/Savoury Mince/Grilled Fish (Usually big portions.)
Sometimes have dessert, usually fruit and ice cream if anything.

My questions are;

1. Is my diet shit, do i need more or less food, bare in mind im not interested in eating less of something if it effects my strength gains?

2. Do i just need to do more cardio given my diet?

3. Is 110 a feasable weight given my height?

you're 6'4, its your bodys way of telling you that you need to be larger. If you are training for strength and size, I'd expect you to be around the 120 mark at 6'4

1. Is my diet shit, do i need more or less food, bare in mind im not interested in eating less of something if it effects my strength gains?

2. Do i just need to do more cardio given my diet?

3. Is 110 a feasable weight given my height?

1. Well if you want to lose 10kg, obviously you need to eat less, but I would try to keep the protein high and remove most of the calories from carbs and fat. Whether you lose strength or not will depend on how you go about it, but don't expect to be gaining much strength. Chucking out your dessert, and perhaps the almonds and toast would probably be the first step, if you want to lose weight.

2. Depends on how much you do, but likely adding cardio alone won't be enough to get you down to 110kg.

3. Yes, 110kg is feasible at 6'4", but it totally depends on what body fat percentage you want to be at. You're likely at about 20-25% BF at your current weight. If you do a good cut, you could lose 10kg while keeping all your strength and muscle, and be at a much lower body fat percentage.

1. Well if you want to lose 10kg, obviously you need to eat less, but I would try to keep the protein high and remove most of the calories from carbs and fat. Whether you lose strength or not will depend on how you go about it, but don't expect to be gaining much strength. Chucking out your dessert, and perhaps the almonds and toast would probably be the first step, if you want to lose weight.

2. Depends on how much you do, but likely adding cardio alone won't be enough to get you down to 110kg.

3. Yes, 110kg is feasible at 6'4", but it totally depends on what body fat percentage you want to be at. You're likely at about 20-25% BF at your current weight. If you do a good cut, you could lose 10kg while keeping all your strength and muscle, and be at a much lower body fat percentage.
thanks for the feedback mate.