• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaba

take the bickering elsewhere.

0ni, you tried it, if not don't knock it.

GABA is great for deep sleeps. Not really convinced on it's GH releasing properties though.

I'm not knocking it I just don't see it making that much of a difference
I haven't used it no. I asked Max Brenner about it a while back and he said that he didn't think it was worth the $50 or whatever it costs

Well, it only costs $15 for 250gms so it will last ages, so it is very inexpensive.

I'm not saying it is the bee's knee's but at that price it's worth a shot.

Used Gaba a bit last year, the sleep was amazing. Though I’m not a big fan of the rushing and short breath on higher dosage this kind of prevented me from sleeping. Personally I prefer a lower dosage just enough to relax me and fall asleep, as Hammer wrote I would start on low dose.
I actually thought GABA was banned...

Used Gaba a bit last year, the sleep was amazing. Though I’m not a big fan of the rushing and short breath on higher dosage this kind of prevented me from sleeping. Personally I prefer a lower dosage just enough to relax me and fall asleep, as Hammer wrote I would start on low dose.
I actually thought GABA was banned...

Mate I think it may of been years ago....I remember something about it being banned or something I dunno....I know you were unable to get it in aus though a number of years ago...

GABA sure is a tough one to get right. I think the misunderstanding is that most expect it to knock them into a sleep similarly to a priscription sleeping pill. For the most part, The Hammer had pretty much covered it. I would start at no less than 1g and over time go no more than as high ad 10g.

You do have to have your sleep in order. Some of the confusion also comes from those that have existing sleeping disorders expecting a fix from GABA. This may help but I probably wouldn't rely on it fixing a problem. This will work great for those wanting to IMPROVE quality of sleep and not so much fix sleeping troubles. Results are certainly evident when this line of thought is taken into consideration.

Very important to build your dose up. Do not try and go straight to say, 5g because the numbness and shortness of breath is not pleasant. Before you know it, you're out like a light.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/Cat...archID=4261216&ObjectID=1142394&ObjectType=27

Last edited:
BN, theres info on the sleep assisting properties but any science info / articles on it helping GH levels?

BN, theres info on the sleep assisting properties but any science info / articles on it helping GH levels?

It could be a bumpy ride in here, even with the studies lol.

I guess it is like the good 'ol Tribulas debate with Testosterone.
I do know of someone who said there was a Double-Blind study which is not biased and the results were pretty good regarding GH release.

The thing is, at something like 8 or 9 cents per 1,000 gram serve, it's just too cheap to be focusing on only the GH releasing properties. At that price, if it helps to improve sleep alone, it's a bargain.

GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID (GABA) - 250G

I'm going to fall into the camp of its cheap enough for a good sleep... I never got the shortness of breath or anything like that but if I did I could see why some wouldn't like it. Not sure about the GH thing and I really am beginning to distrust most studies as the assumptions lists are a kilometre long but hell for such a good sleep aid it is cheaper and more effective than anything I have tried that is over the counter.