• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaba

Shank

Anyone here heard / used this supplement before. A guy told me it helps induce sleep and speeds up growth or something like that while you sleep.

What do you guys think?

I use it but not for those reasons...

GABA is an inhibitary neurotransmittor. The drug valium actually works on GABA receptor sites. If you are looking at reducing anxiety for better sleep, Niacin (b3), Vitmain C, GABA, L-thenanine , L-glutamine, L-carnitine and meletonin combo will play wonders...

Ok so i have melatonin, do i need to get all this other stuff?

I found that melatonin 2 tablets i thinkt hey are 3 or 4 mg each 30 min before bed didn't work for me.

Well they all do different things.

But it all comes down to $$$ otherwise all of us would eat the best foods and take the best uspplements we can. I just choose to go without things like new shoes every month so i can afford this stuff. But everyones financial situaito nis different...

Do i need is a hard question to answer...

People buy new shoes every month??? Damn I bought my last pair about 10 months ago before I went overseas for 6 weeks as I would be walking a lot.

ok kool, so what are the different and intended effects of both gaba and melatonin?

Which works better to help you to sleep? i know that mela didn't do anything for me

ok should i be taking melatonin with something like gaba or zma?

If i were to buy some gaba, the shop i was at was selling it for 60 or so dollars but i typed it into ebay and the first few that came up were around 20 - 30 dollars, will they do the same thing?

Damn I must be old, shoes every month wow.

Gaba is available for $65 p/kg at bulknutrients.com.au, $22 for 250g.

They are reliable a lot of people on here use them, they also sell ZMA too in bulk.

i am aware of bulknutrients, although i wasnt sure of the 3 which would help me the most or do i need all three or 2 of the three etc.

GABA.
Start with 2gms per night for 2-3 nights gradually increase to 5gms per night on an empty stomach before bed. Do not exceed 5gms.
You may get shortness of breath a few minutesw\ after ingesting, this is normal but a horrible feeling, it slowly goes away after time.

I did 10g for a bit that was interesting lol.. combined with beta alanine and niacin flush i thought i was dying..

thanks guys, also i know this is in the wrong section, but i have a bench that will not go completely vertical it has a slight angle to it, can i still utilize it to do seated dumbell shoulder presses?

Pour some GABA over your bench for a quick fix...

You're right, this is not the section to pose this question, ask elsewhere for more responses.

which of these are ok,
also, should i take melatonin aswell?

Why is it a must to take it on an empty stomach, i usually eat at say 9 or so and sleep by 10:30 on most occasions

Never tried Melatonin, but GABA knocks me out if I let it.
By that I mean if I take it and relax it does the trick, but if I take it and then decide I don't want to sleep yet it's fine and doesn't make me drowsey.
I got mine from bulk nutrients. Just tacked the 250g onto an order to see what it was like.
I suggest getting some good scales, I took too much once and it felt like I'd been kicked in the head...

Also, anyone else have CRAZY dreams when they take this stuff?
I have the most vivid dreams and can remember everything when I wake up.

what you think noobs combine gaba with melatonin?

Also form those ebay listings which would be ok or just go bulk nutrients?