• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Functional strength through lifting

I dont know what Stronglifts is.

Is it just a rip off of Bill Starr's 5 X 5 program from the 70's?

Basically, yeah.

Starr, stronglifts, Rippetoe - lots of little variations but come down to the same thing, really.

Poo, I run comps at PTC 3 times a year. Around 10 interstaters fly in for each comp, including quite a few from QLD.

The comps are 5 lifts - squat - bench press - powerclean - overhead press - deadlift. I also do Strongman events. The last 5 lift comp was in fact won by a Queenslander, Tony.

He squatted 190kg to a 29cm high box, benched 150kg, cleaned 107.5kg, push pressed 100 overhead and deadlifted a PTC record of 265kg.

I started these comps to get my clients motivated. At the first comp I had 7 lifters. For Bash at the Beach 3, I already have around 30 lifters paid up and entered to compete.

They absolutely love it. The lifts are done raw, not even a belt is allowed. BATB3 is on September 19.

If you are interested in flying down and competing, I can hook you up with the QLD mob.

If you go to my website you can see results and pics from previous comps.

Actually, I may start a new thread inviting forum members to compete.

SUPER CHOICE!!!
Cheers I'll deffinatley get hooked in. Ive been looking at the site. Can you please PM me some contact details.
Do you have meets in QLD ??
Thanks again

Last edited:
I like the style, I myself am very strict and only approach lifts Im determined to make. I block out weight completely and just consertrate on the rage building up inside, I make most my lifts out of adrenalin.