• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Full abs?

T

turbodragon

Hey, jsut a quick question regarding the training of abs.

What types of exercises target the outter region of the abs? I'm not talking about the obliques, but the actual abs itself.

If you can imagine each ab (each "pack" of a 6 pack) as being a square, mine are slightly bigger in height than they are wide, and I'm looking to work on the outter edges of it to give it more a of square look, as opposed to an stretched square.

Cheers.

If you are after specific shaped abdominal muscles, you can get implants, surgically fitted, or "abdominal etching" :

speaking of plastic surgery and muscle implants, there’s apparently a procedure to get ripped abs without doing any of the work, although it costs between $4-7k. “abdominal etching” is pretty much just precision localized liposuction to suck out the fat inbetween the abs. this flabby dude looks totally disproportionate now though

fake_abs.jpg

It's not possible to isolate that particular muscle.

Side bends with a heavy dumb bell are particulary good for strengthening the spine- with manifold effect to the torso.

You can't change the shape of muscles, mate, just the size of 'em and how much they show (fat).

Bumber, I am currently sitting on ~ 9-10% atm and am happy with them, but just wish they had a more proportioned and "fuller" look cos I heard it was possible to isolate the training of them and hit them on a specific angle. Knew it was too good to be true :( Ahhh well.

If you are after specific shaped abdominal muscles, you can get implants, surgically fitted, or "abdominal etching" :

speaking of plastic surgery and muscle implants, there’s apparently a procedure to get ripped abs without doing any of the work, although it costs between $4-7k. “abdominal etching” is pretty much just precision localized liposuction to suck out the fat inbetween the abs. this flabby dude looks totally disproportionate now though

LOL!! I would NEVER get that done! Looks like ass and so artificial (probably because like you mentioned, it makes him look so out of proportion now). Thanks, but no thanks.

Side bends with a heavy dumb bell are particulary good for strengthening the spine- with manifold effect to the torso.

Yeah I do them as well. Feel great and love 'em but need something new to hit it on the angle I need :(

Soo in other words you wish you looked like ryan reynolds rather than this guy?

abs_lad.jpg

>>
ryan-reynolds-shirtless.jpg

Me too :<

Wait.... is that 1st guy supposed to be you? LOL

Yeah, but you got the idea. If that is a pic of you, then my abs aern't that elongated but still not as square as ryan reynold's though :( I'm more after the square look that he has. Friggin' genetics :(

How could it be me rofl o_O my pics in my avatar I dont even have abs yet.. I got the upper 4.. I think I need to do weighted leg raises or something.. muffin pack ftl.

side bends are a fantastic exercise if you want to have a bigger waist in the long run. Think about it, if you do side bends & allow muscle growth...then your SIDE will grow

The best ab training technique is doing the plank. Youtube or Google it

side bends are a fantastic exercise if you want to have a bigger waist in the long run. Think about it, if you do side bends & allow muscle growth...then your SIDE will grow

The best ab training technique is doing the plank. Youtube or Google it

Vince Gironda would not allow his trainees to squat, dead-lift or do side-bends for that reason, what an eejit!

The side-bend help develope those little muscles that connect between the vertebrae.