• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Four Best Assistance Exercises??

giphy.gif

Maintenance is something you do as a way of maintaining strength and flexibility, as we age our recovery ability diminishes, the ratio of "working out" and "maintaining" changes and and the degree of this ratio is individualistic, due to genetics and lifestyle, but the reality is..it is still extremely important to push hard, to - funnily enough "maintain" your strength and most importantly conditioning as we get older, 50 years and beyond is an interesting time, 40 is the best time to get some! And go hard.

I made it very clear what I meant by my usage of the word "maintenance", and the maintaining of what one has already acquired was not it. I was clearly referring to the maintenance of a program, and not to what one has already achieved. So if you can maintain a program (even though it may not be the best program in the world), it would be better to do than to choose/do/or get involved in a program that you can not maintain. That was my clear message to Mick.

Having expressed the above, one can also use the word maintenance in the sense you've used it Andy. So thank you for the alternative view point sir.

I made it very clear what I meant by my usage of the word "maintenance", and the maintaining of what one has already acquired was not it. I was clearly referring to the maintenance of a program, and not to what one has already achieved. So if you can maintain a program (even though it may not be the best program in the world), it would be better to do than to choose/do/or get involved in a program that you can not maintain. That was my clear message to Mick.

Having expressed the above, one can also use the word maintenance in the sense you've used it Andy. So thank you for the alternative view point sir.

50% of getting great results is in believing what you are doing is in fact the best solution for whatever problem you have.

50% of getting great results is in believing what you are doing is in fact the best solution for whatever problem you have.
Yep agree with this one. If you dont beleive you are more likely to not put in the effort required to achieve the success you desire.

That's cos intensity is a very subjective thing though isn't it? All depends on one's conditioning, experience with exercises involved, and state of mind.

Noobie fatso mummy of 3 (ie, not quite at @Oni; 's super elite milfs level yet) doing hip thrusts for the first time is probably having the most intense session of her life.

I think the rule of thumb is to be able to walk out of a session and honestly say 'yep, I tested my body and my mind's limits for the day'. Sadly not many people know how to do that.

Above all, consistency and a quantitative way to measure progress is as crux as ducks nuts.

Super elite level?
She's been training 30 months
She just doesn't train around wet vaginas as excuses for males.
I don't think we have a single female that squats less than 100kg because women just arrive and think it's normal because every chick squats 100kg or more

Super elite level?
She's been training 30 months
She just doesn't train around wet vaginas as excuses for males.
I don't think we have a single female that squats less than 100kg because women just arrive and think it's normal because every chick squats 100kg or more

This is why training in a good place is a good idea. What your surrounded by becomes your normal.
I remember on another forum, a guy who had trained in his shed all his life turned up for the first time to post video and gloat about reaching triple figures (squat 100kg) and everyone lol'd
Over the past week i've seen a couple of ppl squat 8-10 plates for a working set of 5-8, keeps me motivated to continue.

No one is disputing that fact. But since we live in the real world, one has to be realistic about one's abilities. Which brings me back to my original point, that you have to settle for what you're able to do (consistently), rather than do what someone else suggests you can do consistently.

I think I've proved that point for my self when I tried to squat using a certain routine, which I whole heartedly believed to be the right one for me. I found that I was not able to carry on with it; I modified it and moved on. Was I mentally shattered or demoralized because of it? In fact the opposite was true, as I found my strength in finding my own weakness and acknowledging that fact.

I think we're moving onto a different subject now, the subject of believing in one's self and the actions one believe to be the right ones for his chosen task. That was not my original point when I suggested to Mick that the best program would be the program he can maintain, and not some program he would love to maintain. Not sure why we're derailing what was a very clearly made point!

Last edited:
So much shitposting ITT. Guy asked for assistance exercises for 531. not for bashing of the program, or people pontificating about their own training methodologies.

Of course results vary based on effort put in - I think we're all clever enough to know that.

At the end of the day (cliche'),
Mick will and would've done what he wanted to do.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and when it dies flogging it will achieve nothing.

So much shitposting ITT. Guy asked for assistance exercises for 531. not for bashing of the program, or people pontificating about their own training methodologies.

Of course results vary based on effort put in - I think we're all clever enough to know that.

What goes around comes around......

At the end of the day (cliche'),
Mick will and would've done what he wanted to do.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and when it dies flogging it will achieve nothing.

Man it's like Gondo, the gyms dog
I stepped on his foot and hurt him a bit so as a treat gave him one of those gummy dinosaurs
He fucking hated it and wouldn't eat it
Tried to take it off him
Nope.jpg
Carried it around everywhere for days

I stepped on his foot and hurt him a bit so as a treat gave him one of those gummy dinosaurs
Tried to take it off him
Nope.jpg

Lol

Tried to take it off him
Nope.jpg

Double lol.

Hows the new routine going [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; ?