• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Form vs Weight vs Reps

This may be possible on some exersices like bicep curls where you can bend you back to get the weight u, but how can you cheat on bench press and squats unlees you have a spotter. The point you make about putting the weight down having a few short moments rest and then continuing is called the rest/pause technique and is the basic principle of DC training.
Remember progression can happen in a few different ways, it may be with heavier weight or the same weight but with an extra rep or a shortened rest period between sets.

I just get sick when I watch a guy trying to one arm preach curl a 20kg Dumbell who only moments before was struggling with 12kg.
I feel like I should stand back just incase a doctors gonna need to get past.

Who cares what other people do, just worry about yourself and how much better you are going to be. I laugh at these people (on the inside), why should i pitty the fools.

You can cheat on bench press by not going all the way down, and letting the bay "bounce" off your chest, so you have momentum going back up.

Same with squats really.

Good form is good as it prevents injury but without increasing reps and weight you wont get any bigger.

You need all those things.

You can cheat on bench press by not going all the way down, and letting the bay "bounce" off your chest, so you have momentum going back up.

Same with squats really.
Yeah you can but this can be dangerous esp on the squats... I don;t recommend it.