• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That Squat rack is hardcore!

yeh it is!

@Matt357: Nice to see you are in the iron game even without all the bloody fancy shit that everyone apparently needs lol. You got the most basic of set-ups and your learning quite quickly. When you get stronger you may want to get yourself some bullet proof stuff, like a good power bar and the weights to fit it. Maybe some squat stands if the budget will stretch far enough.
Good on you mate, your doing it hard core.....that's the best way. Keep adding weight and you will be strong as fuck before you know it.

yeah, i'll trykeep everything tight in deadlift, i swapped my squat rack around the other way so that i can walk backwards, i trid it and its a lot easier to rack and unrack.
and i made the "squat rack" myself. i've had 160kg on that squat rack, i dont think it will break anytime soon. i bought 4 20kg plates yesterday, much easier to change between lifts, with different bars is there really that much of a difference? i know some have knurling in different spots and stuff, but can you notice a difference with bearings at the end?

Last edited:
OMG.... im working out at the moment, deadlifting, and i cant seem to keep my butt from moving up first, i've probably done 30 reps in total... my butt just keeps moving up... i'm uploading the vids so you can see. if anyone can help me?

Get down lower so that your elbows are alongside your knees. Initiate the movement with your chest.

yeah, i kept my back tight, but my hips shoot up, i will just have to wait until the friday strength club.

Last edited: