• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forearm routines

jj80

Just wondering what everyone does for forearm day, or what some good routines are.

I'm half (completely) serious with this thread, I have weak ass forearms mainly on the reverse side. I can't do reverse curls cause of elbow issues so its never improved.

Are there standout exercises? Shitty ones you shouldnt bother with?

two.jpg

I'm just doing some hammer or reverse curls with biceps. That's all.
I only do reverse curls with cables as in impinges my forearm with barbells. Painful.

The best thing for forearms and hands is work. Grab a crowbar and shovel and dig a few holes then fill them back in and start again.

If you use straps for back training, throw them away.

One thing that I have never tried but should work is hanging a plate on a rope and then roll it up around a stick.

The best thing for forearms and hands is work. Grab a crowbar and shovel and dig a few holes then fill them back in and start again.

If you use straps for back training, throw them away.

One thing that I have never tried but should work is hanging a plate on a rope and then roll it up around a stick.

Definitely agree! I drive a computer all day, so when it comes to my bi yearly manual labour in the backyard my forearms burn like crazy!

Definitely ditch the straps, get used to deadlifting double overhand no straps, switch to over under when it gets too heavy.

Deadlift
Shurgs
Rows
Chin-ups
Farmer's
Curls

Do that in the form of a hard heavy non-stop workout and your forearms will be close to exploding I guarantee

Yeah I have no problem developing grip / palm side of forearm. Chins at 150kg total weight wil do that..... its the reverse side that is weak.

This is a good little trick to finish off your arms.

Shove your clenched fists into a deep bucket of thick mud

Then attempt to unclench and fully extend your fingers against the resistance provided from all directions by the mud.

Do this rapidly and repeat it until your hands feel like they are ready to drop off.

You won't feel anything in your forearms by this point

This is a good little trick to finish off your arms.

Shove your clenched fists into a deep bucket of thick mud

Then attempt to unclench and fully extend your fingers against the resistance provided from all directions by the mud.

Do this rapidly and repeat it until your hands feel like they are ready to drop off.

You won't feel anything in your forearms by this point

When I wanted to be a martial artist - we used to do this with a bucket of uncooked rice. If you're a real hard arse (or stupid) then you'd use a bucket of gravel.

I tried throwing in some heavy upright rows with a bit of leg drive from the rack to finish off my shoulders and traps last night. If they contributed nothing to my shoulders/traps, it was an amazing forearm punisher - they are nice and sore.

Try rolling a plate on a rope onto a stick, as someone previously mentioned.
Will burn like fire.