• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Commercial Power Rack

Zinx

I know this has been greatly debated on this site, but I wanted an opinion on this rack being used by mostly a 63k female and 70-80k male, we don't plan on lifting heavy, so I wanted to gauge how it would be for us at that weight?

I am upgrading my gym, I am wanting to basically use this cage for lifting, squatting, a lot of power band work, a lot of dips, pull ups.. I am planning to use extra band pegs and virtually crawl all over the cage, I also want to get some rings.

Commercial Power Rack

I have heard a lot of varied opinions on force usa cages, and a lot of people say get the muscle motion power rack... but it lacks holes on the top of the cage and also the bottom, and it does not have the front length with even more holes! just curious to know how this cage will be for a 63 kilo woman strength wise... I will be swinging around like a monkey so I just wanted to make sure it would hold me ;) it will also be housing other peeps at around 70-80 kilos, but I have no intention on lifting huge numbers on this thing, so if anything this would be overkill?

also anyone know if the utility pegs that you can buy from iron edge would fit in this cage? would it be a standard size hole?

Pictures of you swinging around like monkey please!

That rack looks like a beast!!!! At 220kg your gonna have your work cut out for you moving it around...

Your so light a commercial rack will laugh at you when you swing on it... You have nothing to worry about imo...

And yes this rack is total overkill... But if you got the money to spend and it makes you happy:)

Good luck!

Overkill

Used on of these before and it is enormous. If you haven't already I recommend having a look at one in person and getting a feel for just how big it is.

I have this rack a home, its big, depending on which model some barbells may not fit in between the j hooks, this is the third rack ive owned and its by far the best

I think I'll get this rack in the next few weeks.

My only minor concern is setting it up on a timber floor. My intention is to sit it on some 20mm ply 2400mm wide to help distirbute the weight with some thin foam flooring on top.

Has anyone had an issue setting up these heavy commercial racks on timber floors?

Also with all the different models I'm abit confused about the front section. Is this section removable or fixed solid? It could be handy in the future to be able to drop the depth by the front section instead of the long 193cm.

I think I'll get this rack in the next few weeks.

My only minor concern is setting it up on a timber floor. My intention is to sit it on some 20mm ply 2400mm wide to help distirbute the weight with some thin foam flooring on top.

Has anyone had an issue setting up these heavy commercial racks on timber floors?

Also with all the different models I'm abit confused about the front section. Is this section removable or fixed solid? It could be handy in the future to be able to drop the depth by the front section instead of the long 193cm.

Hi Radz, did you end up getting a Force USA Commercial Power Rack? If so, would be interested to hear your feedback - it is a beast of a rack!!

EVA or foam flooring would get torn up under your shoes, rubber is best:
VersaFit Flooring

Not sure I know what you mean by the front section, have you been looking at half racks that are 'missing' half of the front uprights?

Hi Radz, did you end up getting a Force USA Commercial Power Rack? If so, would be interested to hear your feedback - it is a beast of a rack!!

Its almost been a year since that post and I got the rack shortly after I posted.

I love the rack and couldn't be much happier with it. The dip handles could be better but thats the only area I could really see for improvement.

I went for rubber matting and thats also been great.

Its almost been a year since that post and I got the rack shortly after I posted.

I love the rack and couldn't be much happier with it. The dip handles could be better but thats the only area I could really see for improvement.

I went for rubber matting and thats also been great.

What was the problem you found with the dip handles?

What was the problem you found with the dip handles?

Its just they have a bit of wobble in use whereas the rest of the system is so solid.

Its probably a bit of a tradeoff though due to ease in which they attach but
in every other way the rack has easily met my expectations.

I have the one down from this and have the same problem with the dip handles wobbling a bit. Think its mainly because of the way they attach.

I'm UOTE=nkh92;530511]I have the one down from this and have the same problem with the dip Handles wobbling a bit. Think its mainly because of the way they attach.[/QUOTE]

I had a look at them. And yes they don't look that stable and looks like they could slip.
Im not far off from building my own power rack for home personal use and have a few good ideas for dip attachments.

My rack had no dip attachment options so ended up cracking it and making my own which don't budge at all. Sorry if the pictures come out huge

Welded angle brackets on some ss rods
attachment.php

Gave them a quick spray
attachment.php

Tennis tape for grip, they sit snug across the spotter bars
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-01-06 13.49.38.jpg
    2014-01-06 13.49.38.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2014-01-06 14.42.19.jpg
    2014-01-06 14.42.19.jpg