• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

For the Calorie Counters out there...

Schnitzel or Kiev

• Total voters

kaz

iLift
If I baked chicken kievs, and all the butter ran out during the cooking process, is it now technically Chicken Schnitzel? :confused::confused:

Because really there is almost 100 calorie differnce between the 2 for the same weight....

Chicken Kiev not Goat Kiev.

amuvebuh.jpg

No idea here, but I'd say if maintaining calories or in a deficit go by the kiev calories. If trying for a surplus go by the snitzel calories.

Maybe half way? Some of the butter would have absorbed in to the chicken and crumb so you can't discount it all

Maybe half way? Some of the butter would have absorbed in to the chicken and crumb so you can't discount it all

agreed. Go conservative for you goals. Normally, I'd say probably doesn't matter but for a small woman it can actually add up to a fair amount of daily %'s.

I'd say stick with the kiev macros as it won't be the same as schnitzel. Good excuse to say "hell, I'm counting the butter macros so I'm damn well going to mop up the juices with some bread"

in which case, add the bread lol

pour the melted butter back on it. Count as per kiev. 100 cal for one night isn't going to make a significant difference anyway.