• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food molecules and their affect on weight loss

Enceladus

There is an interesting article in the 3 August edition of New Scientist magazine, about how molecules affect the brain and metabolism.
The research into this field may herald a new approach into addressing diseases such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and some cancers, which can be related to poor food choices.
The article describes the age old understanding of "calories in versus calories burned" as being too simpistic. Your gut bacteria, and food preparation, are also key factors.
The crux of the article is that some food molecules can signal the brain to continue to eat, and eat, and eat, then store all the surplus energy as fat, or obversley, trigger the brain to suppress appetite (i.e. I'm full, so stop eating).
Pick up a copy of the mag to learn more.

This is why fat fucks with excuses piss me off, they refer to stupid articles like this and claim it's not their fault they're fat....if you're fat, eat a bit less...seems logical to me :)

don't tell bazzar that!

Come on CT. You are going to need more than that. We haven't even seen an article about it.

I can already tell you there are foods that signal the brain to eat more. They are called good tasting foods.

Like others have said just another excuse for fat fucks.

Fukn lol...

Some food signals the brain and causes you to eat more... Its called steak bitches!!! Char grilled medium rare with a side of hot chips, salad, Diane sauce and half a dozen schooners of cold beer!!!

Calorie counting is too simplistic????? lets complicate the fuck out of it then and confuzzle everyone that calories don't matter...

A few emotional replies here. The article also mentions that the individual needs to take responsibility for their choices.

This is why fat fucks with excuses piss me off, they refer to stupid articles like this and claim it's not their fault they're fat....if you're fat, eat a bit less...seems logical to me. - in some instance it isn't their fault. They may not be conscious of what they are doing, due to psychological issues, or they may have genetic or hormonal abnormalities causing them to gain weight. I've known people who exercised their ass off, counted calories, and fastidiously watched what they ate, but still couldn't shift all the weight they wanted. They got to a certain point then couldn't get any further.

Calorie counting is too simplistic????? lets complicate the fuck out of it then and confuzzle everyone that calories don't matter...
- calories do matter, but it may not always the end all of weight loss. Science is still learning how the body and mind work as separate entities and as a combined unit, so it is inevitable that some other influences will be discovered which explain why some people can eat everything and not gain much weight (or any at all), why some people lose weight quickly and other lose it slowly, and so forth.

The beauty of science is that all theories are open to be tested, and either proved correct or proved incorrect, just like the one the article presented.

A few emotional replies here. The article also mentions that the individual needs to take responsibility for their choices.

This is why fat fucks with excuses piss me off, they refer to stupid articles like this and claim it's not their fault they're fat....if you're fat, eat a bit less...seems logical to me. - in some instance it isn't their fault. They may not be conscious of what they are doing, due to psychological issues, or they may have genetic or hormonal abnormalities causing them to gain weight. I've known people who exercised their ass off, counted calories, and fastidiously watched what they ate, but still couldn't shift all the weight they wanted. They got to a certain point then couldn't get any further.

- calories do matter, but it may not always the end all of weight loss. Science is still learning how the body and mind work as separate entities and as a combined unit, so it is inevitable that some other influences will be discovered which explain why some people can eat everything and not gain much weight (or any at all), why some people lose weight quickly and other lose it slowly, and so forth.

The beauty of science is that all theories are open to be tested, and either proved correct or proved incorrect, just like the one the article presented.

Your either with them or your with is.

Which one is it bro? You a fatty enabler or a diet nazi

How the body processes food and losses weight is obviously complicated. But not one needs to get that fair into it to lose weight. It's can be kept simple, if you are fat you are eating too many calories.

Every fatty loves blaming genetics, hormonal imbalances but the bottom line is they are eating too many calories.

If genetics and other imbalances made such an impact for so many people's fat loss where are all the fatties in starving countries.

Agreeably there will be exceptions...However they are in the minority...fattys gonna fat!!!

Other influences?????? Ummmmmm genetics ?????

How the body processes food and losses weight is obviously complicated. But not one needs to get that fair into it to lose weight. It's can be kept simple, if you are fat you are eating too many calories.

Every fatty loves blaming genetics, hormonal imbalances but the bottom line is they are eating too many calories.

If genetics and other imbalances made such an impact for so many people's fat loss where are all the fatties in starving countries.

People in starving countries don't have the fat gene
And the molecules in their food are much smaller

Late night sneaky cheese burgers...

Under counting calories and hiding it...

Your either with them or your with is.

Which one is it bro? You a fatty enabler or a diet nazi

I'm on neither side. I'm on the side of truth. It's not in my nature to accept anything any one tells me, or anything I read, or watch, as the truth, without investigating it and pulling it apart. I will only take sides once I am certain that the claim has proven incontrovertibly correct and is backed up by peer reviewed research.

Late night sneaky cheese burgers...

Under counting calories and hiding it...

I mentioned this in another thread a little while back. There was a medical show following a couple of people who believed that they genetically could not lose weight. They have tried every diet, you know, normal story.

They got them to count their calories. Apparently both were eating under 1500 a day and should have been losing weight.

So they followed them around with private detectives and counted their actual calories. They were both actually eating over 3000 a day.

Some people are just great at lying to themselves.

"I don't understand why i'm getting fatter? I just had ONE cheeseburger, just like the diet said"

Bacon-Super-Cheese-Burger.jpg

i'd suggest that there is no fat person that you couldn't starve and make them lose weight..
they may not be happy about it tho....

Pffft

That will make you fat.... Too much wheat....