• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food for the day after

My favorite trick when cutting is too make sure I allow enough calories for some ice cream or another sweet every night for dessert. Definitely not a natural food and definitely calorie dense but something about finishing the day off with a nice dessert kills any late night cravings and makes it feel like I'm not dieting or missing out on food I like.

My trick is to save 70% of my daily intake and eat it all in my last meal of the day... This removes any night cravings and allows me to fast most of the morning with ease...

Meanwhile every night I look forward to a banquet!!!

The common thread to all of this...

1. Count your calories
2. Eat them in a way that suits you best
3. Profit!!!!

My trick is to save 70% of my daily intake and eat it all in my last meal of the day... This removes any night cravings and allows me to fast most of the morning with ease...

Meanwhile every night I look forward to a banquet!!!

The common thread to all of this...

1. Count your calories
2. Eat them in a way that suits you best
3. Profit!!!!

Yep 70% is the about the same for me. More on fish and chip Friday.

yeah, this is why leangains works for me - it's basically just a set of self imposed calorie distribution rules that i use to justify skipping breakfast and eating a small lunch and then eating dinner like a king every single day all the while improving my adherence to a calorie restricted diet.

i have days when i save up all my calories for the end of the day and then just before 8pm (when my feeding window closes) i nail a whole block of dark chocolate for <20g carbs and ~600calories. dieting is such hard work :p

yeah, this is why leangains works for me - it's basically just a set of self imposed calorie distribution rules that i use to justify skipping breakfast and eating a small lunch and then eating dinner like a king every single day all the while improving my adherence to a calorie restricted diet.

i have days when i save up all my calories for the end of the day and then just before 8pm (when my feeding window closes) i nail a whole block of dark chocolate for <20g carbs and ~600calories. dieting is such hard work :p

This is my experience with IF as well....

I pretty much only diet in the mornings... The rest of the time Im eating like a king....

if you are doing exercises, then also do stretching after your exercises, its is very important and gives your muscles required tension and minimize the fatigue you may feel after exercise.. And make sure that you are taking all the required nutrients in your food, take your meal at time and drink plenty of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are doing exercises, then also do stretching after your exercises, its is very important and gives your muscles required tension and minimize the fatigue you may feel after exercise.. And make sure that you are taking all the required nutrients in your food, take your meal at time and drink plenty of water.

Looks like a gluten free approach, One more diet to add to the list of...

It works if there is a calorie deficit!

Why pay for that when you can do it for free...

hey, another link to your website? how many times should I click? :D

Taking in a first class protein 45 minutes before training also seems to help with the recovery process. It seems to be an accepted practice amongst elite sporters now.

Taking in a first class protein 45 minutes before training also seems to help with the recovery process. It seems to be an accepted practice amongst elite sporters now.

That be broscience..... Perpetuated by slimy supp companies...

There is a strong wave of change moving through the industry through people like Alan Aragon et al pointing out the rudimentary errors of these beliefs...

Need to look no further then IF pundits who train fasted.... And don't eat for several hours after training...

Not losing muscle mass...

Not losing strength....