• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food during training?

SWH

I was talking to a guy a while back at the gym while squatting, he told me that he used to see a couple of guys come in, 3x3 squat, dl and bench, and eat pineapples during their sets.

Do any of you guys eat while training? or can you see any benefits of such a thing? Still not sure if there was a reason as to why they were eating the pineapple during sets, maybe they just like it that much. Oh well. any feedback appreciated

During their sets? ... Press to top of ROM, catch pineapple slice in mouth, chew, swallow, lower bar, pause, catch pineapple slice?

Their logic is probably to keep their sugar levels up. sometimes when I feel like shit I have a heap of dextrose in water, but if you eat properly you shouldn't need to.

During their sets? ... Press to top of ROM, catch pineapple slice in mouth, chew, swallow, lower bar, pause, catch pineapple slice?

DL one rep max, makes the lift and passes out, falls into shock and stops breathing in the corner of gym is an emergency first aid kit, inside is a slice of pineapple which revives victim.

Their logic is probably to keep their sugar levels up. sometimes when I feel like shit I have a heap of dextrose in water, but if you eat properly you shouldn't need to.

True yep i didn't realize really how sugar levels can effect lifting, now i usually always bring something sugary with me to eat before i leave. Usually have a big bag of liquorice in my room that I have before leaving. But didn't put much thought into how if affects my lifting and stuff. Maybe I should keep some emergency pineapple in my car for times when I can't fit in meals before gym

I think i want to bring pineapple to the gym while doing 3x3 programs. Just to be a full time big guy.

Trent gave me a double cheeseburger while squatting to eat between sets. Pretty sure it helped me triple my PB.

LOL, last think i want before, During or after training is food.

i wouldent eat atleast 2.5 hours before boxing especailly otherwise that shits comming stright back up

I did a pizza eating/squats challenge last week but it was just for fun and was the first time I've tried it.

Hi guys . I think pineapple does not effect a lot during sets.
Yes ! if he like to eat than no problem go ahead.

From my understanding, when you eat means nothing. So long as you hit your macros for the day.

Wrong. Think for a moment about what you just said. I suspect you are overlooking the (complicated) process of digestion.

It is not only what you consume (vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein, fat and water) but also when (and how) it is consumed. If you were to eat a a snickers bar 5 minutes before training, it would have a small impact on your training since food is only useful when it is being digested.

This is why a pre-workout meal featuring carbs and protein, with very little fiber and fat is helpful around 2 hours before training. Following that an hour latter having some liquid carbs ( and protein) just before training (and perhaps while training) is helpful.

Wrong. Think for a moment about what you just said. I suspect you are overlooking the (complicated) process of digestion.

It is not only what you consume (vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein, fat and water) but also when (and how) it is consumed. If you were to eat a a snickers bar 5 minutes before training, it would have a small impact on your training since food is only useful when it is being digested.

This is why a pre-workout meal featuring carbs and protein, with very little fiber and fat is helpful around 2 hours before training. Following that an hour latter having some liquid carbs ( and protein) just before training (and perhaps while training) is helpful.

This is exactly why it doesn't really matter. Like you said digestion takes time, so long as you have eaten some time in the last day that is your Pre workout meal and any meal after is your post workout meal.

I was talking to a guy a while back at the gym while squatting, he told me that he used to see a couple of guys come in, 3x3 squat, dl and bench, and eat pineapples during their sets.

Do any of you guys eat while training? or can you see any benefits of such a thing? Still not sure if there was a reason as to why they were eating the pineapple during sets, maybe they just like it that much. Oh well. any feedback appreciated

Pineapples really aren't that great as opposed to eating bananas while training.
Still prefer to snack on Jelly beans or chiccos :)

Occasionally I will train starving at 6pm after only having breakfast at 10.am although im hungry as all fuk I have still lifted pbs.. Other times I have eatin really shit food all day and lifted pbs. I dont think it makes enough difference to worry... Havent seen olympic lifters breaking records and eating pineapple inbetween lifts, if it gave them an edge im sure theyd b doing it and wed know about it :)