• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fluffy crosses to the darkside for a bit.

Brick

Alright anyone that follows my log knows I'm beat the fuck up and have all sorts of recurring injury problems. I have had a few weeks of rest and want to do something different with my training for a little while any of you guys recommend a 4 day split for me.

A few restrictions no incline or flat benching, no wide grip chins, only body weight dips (due to fucked shoulder). Exercises restricted to those that can be done with rack, dip bars, bb and coupla hundred kg of plates.

Just wanna do some higher rep bb type programmes for a little while, back off the weight till my shoulder gets back to 100%.

Current stats are Squat 150, Bench 117.5, Dead 200. 85kg & 172cms tall (5'7 if your old and don't understand metric system). Wouldn't mind putting on a little more mass getting around 90kg without becoming a lard arse.

So gurus come at me with your input.

Day 1 - chest, delts & tris
Day 2 - legs
Day 3 - rest
Day 4 - back & bis
Day 5 - rest
Day 6 - full body circuit training
Day 7 - rest

I will have a proper think about this and I might even have a look through your log to see what you can and can't do but here is a starter that Bazza and his mates will like.

Day 1 Calves
Day 2 Abs
Day 3 Forearm curls
Day 4 Posing practice

I will have a proper think about this and I might even have a look through your log to see what you can and can't do but here is a starter that Bazza and his mates will like.

Day 1 Calves
Day 2 Abs
Day 3 Forearm curls
Day 4 Posing practice

I lol'd

Alright anyone that follows my log knows I'm beat the fuck up and have all sorts of recurring injury problems. I have had a few weeks of rest and want to do something different with my training for a little while any of you guys recommend a 4 day split for me.

A few restrictions no incline or flat benching, no wide grip chins, only body weight dips (due to fucked shoulder). Exercises restricted to those that can be done with rack, dip bars, bb and coupla hundred kg of plates.

Just wanna do some higher rep bb type programmes for a little while, back off the weight till my shoulder gets back to 100%.

Current stats are Squat 150, Bench 117.5, Dead 200. 85kg & 172cms tall (5'7 if your old and don't understand metric system). Wouldn't mind putting on a little more mass getting around 90kg without becoming a lard arse.

So gurus come at me with your input.

Take a break for 2 months and do yoga every day. With lots of mobility work.

i know cable machine wasn't in your spec below but if you are trying to rehab an injured shoulder there are some good cable machine moves that can really help.

either that or get yourself a set of resistance bands. You may as well fix the shoulder and get it stronger again as you train.
works really well.

i know cable machine wasn't in your spec below but if you are trying to rehab an injured shoulder there are some good cable machine moves that can really help.

either that or get yourself a set of resistance bands. You may as well fix the shoulder and get it stronger again as you train.
works really well.

Band pull aparts and broom handle dislocations have been a daily staple for a long time CCM. Alot of high rep 1 armed DB rows as well.

Without knowing you and what's going on in that shoulder I don't really know.

My gut tells me that shoulder problems are either Due to an imbalance, or poor training choices and or just being stupid.

My first thought is to tell you to stop pushing altogether for at least three months and just focus on pulling and squatting and all variations of.
You got dumbbells?

Without knowing you and what's going on in that shoulder I don't really know.

My gut tells me that shoulder problems are either Due to an imbalance, or poor training choices and or just being stupid.

My first thought is to tell you to stop pushing altogether for at least three months and just focus on pulling and squatting and all variations of.
You got dumbbells?

It's been an on & off thing for many years, started as bicep tendonitis from too much curl and bench in the early days. Pretty much a result of stupid training choices, but we have all been guilty of that at one time or another. My recent run at some decent bench numbers has just made it flair up again.

Limited d'b's a pair of 17.5's, 20's & 1 of 35kg.

I can overhead press pain free. In lieu of bench I was just going to do bulk rowing and OHP, but it's not really a substitute just working around the problem.

Have you taken a complete break from any form of pushing?

I have continued to overhead press. Very little discomfort and seems to be recovering well or recovered completely until I try and do push up's/inverted rows/wide grip chins or similar movements.

Figure if it doesn't hurt it's fine to do.

Fluffy.
Just one more question, do you move your scapula when pressing on the bench?

Or does it feel pinned against the bench?

Fluffy.
Just one more question, do you move your scapula when pressing on the bench?

Or does it feel pinned against the bench?

Shoulder blades pinched as close as possible together, tight upper back try and engage the lats, my bench technique was pretty shitty but Freako got me heading in the right direction last year.

looking forward to pics of you in posing trunks and fake tan Fluffy :D

Sooner catch me in a gimp mask with a ball gag in my mouth LOL

Although I don't mind getting my tan on in summer prefer a subtle shade of brown over fluroescent orange.

Shoulder blades pinched as close as possible together, tight upper back try and engage the lats, my bench technique was pretty shitty but Freako got me heading in the right direction last year.

What seems to happen in the bench press is the scapula doesn't move which is not natural their pinned against the bench, all other movements you do around the shoulder whether that be presses, chin-ups, push-ups the scapula moves.

When you are bench pressing just make sure that you shoulders blades a moving in unison with the arms, free-up the shoulder girdle.

Came into read new training technique....saw 'gimp mask & ball bag in mouth' talk...

Fucking dark side alright :eek:

And here I was concerned you'd decided to take up crossfit :cool:

Serious question, do you see a physio or remedial massage therapist regularly for your injury?

Or have you just been dealing with it yourself in recent times?

What seems to happen in the bench press is the scapula doesn't move which is not natural their pinned against the bench, all other movements you do around the shoulder whether that be presses, chin-ups, push-ups the scapula moves.

When you are bench pressing just make sure that you shoulders blades a moving in unison with the arms, free-up the shoulder girdle.

Interesting, so basically the opposite way to how the bench is taught by most people. Pinning the shoulder blades back.

Came into read new training technique....saw 'gimp mask & ball bag in mouth' talk...

Fucking dark side alright :eek:

And here I was concerned you'd decided to take up crossfit :cool:

Serious question, do you see a physio or remedial massage therapist regularly for your injury?

Or have you just been dealing with it yourself in recent times?

Chineses massage rub without the tug, some accupuncture. Semi reguarly twice a month for the last two months. Relieves the pain but doesn't really fix anything. The therapist worked it so hard last ime I had doms in my tricep for a 3 days. It is great but I don't think it fixes anything.