• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flu shots 2013

Lol @ u calling CT a faecal...:D

I'm getting one on Wednesday cause work pays for it...

In retrospect think I've fallen in the trap of just doing it cause it is free... Prolly would have given it a miss had I put more thought into it...

I'd think I'd be the same.

I am the same.. I get them when they're available free at work, otherwise I dont bother.. dont recall ever having the flu either way

Someone has already pointed out that the very young, old and ill are particularly suseptable to having a very bad outcome if they get infected.

With that in mind getting vaccinated is not just about protecting yourself, it is about reducing the number of people that can pass it on to at risk groups.

im pretty sure the responses to this thread is a pretty good representation of the age group and intelligence of its members

to me it says most are about 15yrs old and have no clue on life or how the body works, good luck fellas, you really need it

Someone has already pointed out that the very young, old and ill are particularly suseptable to having a very bad outcome if they get infected.

With that in mind getting vaccinated is not just about protecting yourself, it is about reducing the number of people that can pass it on to at risk groups.

you do understand you are a carrier of the virus during the time your exposed to that strain, even if vaccinated, but can still infect others

just cause your immune system may know how to combat it, doesnt mean its not in your system which can an be easily transmitted to others who have no resistance to it, infact it may mutate in your system and affect the other people even worse!!!

nice try at trying at trying to make me look crazy, but im actually trying to help, and unlike 99% of people i dont have an agenda

Last edited:
If you think that someone who is actively infected and replicating the virus does not transmit the virus more than someone who is vaccinated and immune you are crazy.

C_T you still have yet to improve the odor of your posts in this thread.

I asked you to back up the things you are saying but your response is simply saying that everyone around here is immature. While there are many threads on this forum that are very immature I would say this thread is not one of them. Seriously, you may not have a particular agenda you are pushing but you are still spreading scientifically unsupported views (also known as misinformation) around - and I have a problem with that. And I will continue to say this until you support the statements you are spouting.

I'm sure could link you to some website that outline basic human immunology and perhaps even (forcefully) throw some textbooks your way.

I wash my hands, take vit c and ecchinacea, fish oil, exercise and sleep as much as I can. That seemed to have done the trick in the past few years. (I used to get colkds and flus heaps before)

I wash my hands, take vit c and ecchinacea, fish oil, exercise and sleep as much as I can. That seemed to have done the trick in the past few years. (I used to get colkds and flus heaps before)

On behalf of everyone in your life, thank you for washing your hands in the last few years.

I never get them. Amongst other things I don't see the point as they can only work on previous strains of flu. Not new flu virus which is what we catch. From what I understand.

On the up side they do make billions of dollars for the giant pharma's...

Sorry but everything you've said in this thread stinks of faecal matter. If you can at least provide a few links to support your view then I am willing to change mine but as it stands you just seem like one of those crazy, ignorant anti-vaxxers.

C_T you still have yet to improve the odor of your posts in this thread.

I asked you to back up the things you are saying but your response is simply saying that everyone around here is immature. While there are many threads on this forum that are very immature I would say this thread is not one of them. Seriously, you may not have a particular agenda you are pushing but you are still spreading scientifically unsupported views (also known as misinformation) around - and I have a problem with that. And I will continue to say this until you support the statements you are spouting.

I'm sure could link you to some website that outline basic human immunology and perhaps even (forcefully) throw some textbooks your way.
Why don't you stop attacking a forum member and provide links to back up your claims .... ironically the same thing you are attacking a forum member for not doing.

I will be getting it. because i deal with sick people on a daily basis

not just the sick and old, were killed by influenza a few years ago

influenza can not mutate in the human body, it mutates in pigs, and birds ( chickens ducks etc)

if immunized your body will actively attack the virus if it enters your system. You wont become systematic, it wont be replicateing, you wont be redistributing it.

washing your hands whilst not a guarantee of protection will help to not spread it. Being hygenic in regard to tissues etc, and avoiding populated areas will also lessen the chance of infection..

The flu and a cold are very different, you WILL get fuked over by a dose of influenza, if you can push through and go to work, you probably dont have it..

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/index.htm

Last edited:
Why don't you stop attacking a forum member and provide links to back up your claims .... ironically the same thing you are attacking a forum member for not doing.

My 'claims' are nothing more than what you will find in any textbook that covers basic immunology. I am not going to rewrite all that in contained in there because a) it's too long for me to be bothered and I'm sure you all don't want a lecture and b) I'm sure the books are written at a higher quality than anything I could achieve. Get a copy of those and have a read. I would also hope that common sense would prevail in simply thinking about some of the things being said.

I only ask that people saying things like C_T have actually provide some backup or at least source behind what they are saying as they are contradictory to what modern science and research has found.

For the amount of people who receive this vaccine and multiple times they take it there would be much more detrimental effects recorded for claims such as those C_T are making to have any merit. In addition such claims as squirting a vaccine into your nose being a better delivery system "builds the antibodies correctly within that system" and that you still spread infective virus even though vaccinated and that the virus mutates inside your body is simply incorrect. Again, read the textbooks and start to understand how the human body responds to infectious disease and how antibodies and acquired immunity come about.