• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First heavy leg session since I had surgery

T

Tekkerz

As I mentioned I broke my foot recently which required and Open Reduction and Internal Fixation surgery so that really put me out of action for like 4 months.

My surgeon and physio have finally cleared me to start lifting heavy again (lifts requiring me to be on my feet) but easing into the really heavy weights so yesterday I did my first heavy leg session in like nearly 5 months, I had been doing light weight high reps isolation stuff on my legs for the past couple of months but it really felt good to get back into the heavy lifting.:cool:

Started with squats
2x 40kg warm up sets
3x 80kg sets of 12

then went onto 45 degree leg press
3 sets of 12 with 50 kg

then to really smash my legs I alternated between 45kg leg extension and leg curls with calf pressing sets of 15 of the 50kg that was on the leg press

and then finished with a set of 15kgs on the smith machine doing calf raises to failure which was only like 15 by that point lol.

Needless to say I haven't felt doms in my legs like this in years and I almost threw up in the shower afterwards but I'm looking forward to doing that workout again

Well done mate, it's always hard coming back after an injury, you're not sure what to expect or if there'll be pain or what.

I have a mate who got a knee reconstruction, he didn't do even the basic exercises the physio gave him, so a couple of years later he still has a limp and is overfat. And he was once a gymnast and kayaker, a real pity.

So I admire people who go through all that and come out determined to get it all back, that's staunch.