• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training-PTC style

World Record is 72.5kg Annie

Deadlift World Record is also 140kg

National deadlift record is 132.5kg

The WR totals are really low in the 75kg class Annie, check this out.

52kg - 260kg
56kg - 320kg
60kg - 405kg
67.5kg - 460kg
75kg - 310kg
82.5kg - 317.5kg

You should snare a record in that class quite comfortably....100/72.5/140, maybe even all 3

The WR totals are really low in the 75kg class Annie, check this out.

75kg - 310kg
82.5kg - 317.5kg

You should snare a record in that class quite comfortably....100/72.5/140, maybe even all 3
Wow, go Annie!

The woman I mentioned in late May,
Kyle Aaron said:
now a harder 72kg [...] in her last workout she did pressups 2x20 as part of warmup, front squatted 60kg 3x10, deadlifted 100kg 3x6, and overhead pressed 25kg 3x6.
is now a touch under 70kg, and does,
FSQ 70kg 3x4
DL 115kg 3x4
OHP 35kg 3x4
(weight cleaned from floor to shoulders for FSQ and OHP)

so apparently she would actually be competitive in at least a state level comp. I am trying to get her to join up at the Y and work with me there, then we can see her back squats and deadlifts, She should compete, I wish she weren't so shy...

I think I mentioned in another thread, there's a young woman around 65kg training at Box Hill since October (so, I've nothing to do with her success!) squatting 75kg and deadlifting 90kg for reps, and that was with poor form and gloves, with a few corrections and some grip work she can do more I'm sure. If I see her on Monday's shift I am going to try to get her to CAPO comp next weekend. It would do her good to meet some other strong young women.

Last edited:
OMG... Thats mad!!!
She Powercleans 70kg... not once but for 4 sets, unreal!
I could keep up with her in front squats if I could take the bar from the rack each time, my best Powerclean is 67.5kg and there is no way I could do that for 4 sets. Whats her one rep Deadllift, it should be pretty high?
Yeah, try to bring the girl from Box Hill down we are lifting at 3pm on Saturday... the more girls we can get to lift the better the comp's will be.

Last edited:
3 sets of 4 reps of front squats, so actually 3 reps of powercleans, spread over the rest of the workout. And usually only the first one really passes as a good lift, the other 2 get a bit rough.

Don't know her 1RMs, we've never tested them. Sometimes when a client is looking a bit unconfident with a new weight, or has stalled, I'll have them add weight to the bar for singles. For example when we hit 100kg with the target 3 sets of 5, she got a bit timid, "oh my god triple figures!" so we went like,
60kg 1x10
70kg 1x5
80kg 1x5
90kg 1x5
110kg 1x1
120kg 1x1
and only then, 100kg 3x5

I find that people do better with a weight if it's not the very first time they've ever lifted it. It's like, "well I did it once, I can do it five times..."

So that's not a 1RM test, just doing singles. I think she could do better with better equipment, I just have standard barbell and plates at home where we work, not even a proper Olympic barbell and squat rack.

I hope to see the Box Hill lifter on Monday night. She's a student so her hours can be unpredictable. I'm just amazed at how much she was lifting despite her form - knees going in on squats, bar travelling towards toes on deadlifts, etc. There's some great raw strength there, I wish she'd been training with me so I could take credit for it, but it's all her own sweat with a new routine every 6 weeks from a gym instructor.

Today at one of the gyms a young woman - year 12 - needed a new routine, she's been training since the beginning of the year, has not pursued strength like the other one, however. Squat, deadlift, overhead press, "is that all?" so I added some fluff to keep her entertained. Good basic strength, squatted below parallel 40kg x10 at 65kg without trouble. Could have squatted more but better to start a bit low than a bit high if she's training mostly on her own. I thought she was only 53kg or so, must have a lot of muscle in there, either that or made of lead.

Probably 40kg x10 at 65kg doesn't impress anyone here, but take some young male and try to get him to squat 2/3 his bodyweight for 10 reps on the first day and see what happens.

From what I've seen, most women with some kind of physical training behind them, even just recreational sports, they'll have quite a bit of strength to begin with. Most vastly underestimate it, for example the woman who I talked about here. Does this match your experience, Annie?

They are. I just wish I had more gym shifts so I could follow up with the others. If you're only there a couple of times a week you might go a month without seeing them. And I'm not sure many of the other trainers bother.

They work hard, I want to support that as much as I can.

I worked with Alice from Box Hill again this evening, and told her about the comp, she'll be coming on Saturday. I hope I can introduce her to some of the PTC women, this will help inspire her a lot.

She didn't know she was strong. Lots of people are like that, but especially women. They realise hardly anyone else in the gym lifts heavy, but they don't make the mental jump from that to "so how many people in the state lift heavy, and how many of them compete?"

Mind you, it must be even harder for the PTC women to realise, they compare themselves to each-other, no spaghetti-armed cardio bunnies to compare themselves to.

Vicki squatted 80kg @ 56kg tonight

Brittany squatted 70kg x 5 and 80kg x 1. Britt squats 3 feet UNDER parallel lol. I have to rock her to break the suction.

Kat just missed a 60kg bench...........twice.

Brittany was strict MP 30kg x 5 for sets.

I have a group of mums lifting in the mornings twice a week.

Today Sussi bench squatted 90kg x 3 and benched 47.5kg x 3, she weighs 64kg.

Louise bench squatted 60kg x 1 and benched 40kg x 2.

Kyle, it is funny you say woman don't realise how strong they are... I do it all the time, if I miss a lift I really beat myself up. I now train at a commercial gym thru the week and I've got friends from high school that go there too and they will not come over to me to say hi, they send me messages on facebook or on my phone to say they saw me coz there to intimidate to step into the weights area... lol.

I have two 15yo girls training at PTC, Ashlee and Jordi.

I mainly have them do lots of KB core work as they only train twice a week during my cardio sessions.

Tonight I thought I'd check how their strength is progressing.

Ashlee bench squatted 70kg and Jordi managed 80kg. Thats a sit down pause squat.

Ashlee pause benched 35kg and Jordi got 40kg.

Ashlee deadlifted 90kg and Jordi got 95kg.

Thats pretty good for 15yo girls who use KB's for 80% of their session.

Very inspiring PTC. I'd love to hear the girls' results for the upcoming BATB - hear a lot about the guys but not necessarily about the girls!!
I have to show this to my Fiancee. Nice work girls!

I have two 15yo girls training at PTC, Ashlee and Jordi.

I mainly have them do lots of KB core work as they only train twice a week during my cardio sessions.

Tonight I thought I'd check how their strength is progressing.

Ashlee bench squatted 70kg and Jordi managed 80kg. Thats a sit down pause squat.

Ashlee pause benched 35kg and Jordi got 40kg.

Ashlee deadlifted 90kg and Jordi got 95kg.

Thats pretty good for 15yo girls who use KB's for 80% of their session.

They're already significantly stronger than all the girls training at my powerlifting club! But don't let them know that in case their heads get too big. :p

I have a new girl ready to compete in powerlifting. Sussi has been at PTC for a few months with a bunch of mums aged between 30-40.

She has progressed fastest, training hard with Nina whilst I was overseas.

She expressed an interest in competing, so I started to test her strength. She will be lifting in the 60-67.5kg class.

She benched 50kg x 2 and squatted 70kg x 2.

This is amazing lifting in such a short time. She used to lift at the same gym as me 18 years ago but hasnt trained with weights since then, she is a mum of 2 little ones.

I'll post as she progresses.

Nina is aiming to lift in the 56kg class. She has the masters records in the 60kg class and 67.5kg class (lifting at 60.1kg).

She is having NO cheat meals at all, records everything she eats and is doing higher rep training

Brittany did some heavy squatting tonight. She had been focusing mainly on higher reps recently.

She is the deepest squatter at PTC, men and women. She managed 82.5kg which is a PB. She had a bit more in her but I left it at that.

She is changing jobs so she will be able to get to PTC more often.At the moment she has had to drop to one night a week, will be back to 2-3 shortly.

She is currently spending 3 hours a day traveling to and from work, it affects everything she does outside work, considering she sometimes works 10 hour days.

Had our first female lifter in the gym today.

Shes 54kg. Squated 55kg, deadlifted 90kg, push pressed 45kg.