• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Favourite equipment/gear?

My favourite piece of equipment is my squat rack. It's a home made job that I bought from the local classifieds for $100. I will eventually have to sell it to upgrade to a proper power rack, but it has given me something to squat with so I am stoked.

Things like this don't come up in canberra all that often so I am always thankful to have found it haha.

My Favourite Gear

I can't live without my kettlebells, I walk past them all day and I seem to just start smashing out workout's on them when I should be doing something else!

I tried the whole Kettlebell thing and don't get it, sold them off not too long after, bit of a fad I think.

Love my old school Samson Gym Equipment. It's called 'Pumping Ion' for a reason:)

Would never train in a commercial gym, even if they payed me to do so, have no interest.

I tried the whole Kettlebell thing and don't get it, sold them off not too long after, bit of a fad I think.

Love my old school Samson Gym Equipment. It's called 'Pumping Ion' for a reason:)

Would never train in a commercial gym, even if they payed me to do so, have no interest.

Guess it's not for everyone :p. Yeah after having my home gym for a few months, I never want to set foot in a commercial gym again.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

My set is my baby.
Eleiko;
Bar
Comp Bumpers: 10x20s 2x15s 2x10s
Pl plates: 2x5s 2x2.5s 2x1.25s plus micros
WL collars (thinner then PL, can fit more on the bar comfortably)

Just need a weight tree to top it off

Im partial to my weights vest at the moment. After months of only doing bodyweight exercises, this has ramped up my enthusiasm even more. Chins, dips, all the olympic movements have now taken on a new dimension. Im happy with that purchase

Im partial to my weights vest at the moment. After months of only doing bodyweight exercises, this has ramped up my enthusiasm even more. Chins, dips, all the olympic movements have now taken on a new dimension. Im happy with that purchase

Yes, really enjoyed using the weight vest when I was working on increasing my pull ups max also.

Haha I don't think they are a fad, your lift stats are huge and kettlebells would probably effect those stats negatively. I still want to surf for a couple hours a few times a week, If I get to big I wouldn't be able to paddle for the whole time and end up coming in early, that's why I like kettlebells, heaps of reps, fun I dont want to be big just strong to a functional level. Although I'd kill for some bigger legs.

Haha I don't think they are a fad, your lift stats are huge and kettlebells would probably effect those stats negatively. I still want to surf for a couple hours a few times a week, If I get to big I wouldn't be able to paddle for the whole time and end up coming in early, that's why I like kettlebells, heaps of reps, fun I dont want to be big just strong to a functional level. Although I'd kill for some bigger legs.

You know they improved kettlebells years ago.

They made them adjustable. Put the handle in the middle with the weights on the ends and called them dumbbells.

Also lol at not wanting to get too big.

I tend to not go the extra mile at the gym, 2 reasons.. One, get a bit self conscious psyching myself up.......... Two, when people are in there getting in the road it's easy to leave it at seven sets instead of eight

Much prefer my own place but I'd probably sign up to a PTC if it was close

You know they improved kettlebells years ago.

They made them adjustable. Put the handle in the middle with the weights on the ends and called them dumbbells.

Also lol at not wanting to get too big.

Haha, I have surfed for the last 17 years and there is no point being too big if it is going to ruin your surf sessions because you can't swing your arms anymore to get out the back after an hour or so. I'll choose my surfing over a bulky body anyday.

Haha, I have surfed for the last 17 years and there is no point being too big if it is going to ruin your surf sessions because you can't swing your arms anymore to get out the back after an hour or so. I'll choose my surfing over a bulky body anyday.

I'm still laughing that you think you will just accidentally get too big naturally.

You can get too fat or maybe bloat on the gear but naturally it won't happen.

Wish I could do it accidentally, rather than 50-60 sets a week for a 2.5kg PB every 2 months

I'm still laughing that you think you will just accidentally get too big naturally.

You can get too fat or maybe bloat on the gear but naturally it won't happen.

Lol now I'm laughing at you bazza, its actually quite easy to be too big in the upper body for surfing, that's all I am saying. Try paddle for 2 hours with big arms and you'll understand why bodybuilders aren't taking over the waves at the beach and it's not because they spend all their time in the gym. They just get tired after half an hour and end up damaging the shoulders, swinging what becomes dead weight whilst they paddle. Been there done that, now I just enjoy a balanced level of working out, that's why I like kettlebells as I said earlier. They make me use my whole body and I do heaps of reps at lighter weight, more of endurance and maintenance for me. That's all

He's laughing at you because you won't do it accidentally. He's not saying you can't do it, idiot.

Lol now I'm laughing at you bazza, its actually quite easy to be too big in the upper body for surfing, that's all I am saying. Try paddle for 2 hours with big arms and you'll understand why bodybuilders aren't taking over the waves at the beach and it's not because they spend all their time in the gym. They just get tired after half an hour and end up damaging the shoulders, swinging what becomes dead weight whilst they paddle. Been there done that, now I just enjoy a balanced level of working out, that's why I like kettlebells as I said earlier. They make me use my whole body and I do heaps of reps at lighter weight, more of endurance and maintenance for me. That's all

Good luck with it mate. People can't paddle for 2 hours because they are not fit enough. Lol bodybuilders on the waves, how many give a shit about surfing anyway.

Look at afl and rugby players. Plenty of blokes around 100kg running around for 2 hours because they train for it and are fit enough to do it. Surfing is hardly the most taxing thing people do for 2 hours anyway.

No one gets too big accidentally. It takes years of dedication just to grow a reasonable amount of muscle let alone end up too big.

It's fucken hilarious that people are actually concerned about getting too big. Train like you want to get huge and after a few years most people are doing well to have a physique that people are even slightly impressed by.

He's laughing at you because you won't do it accidentally. He's not saying you can't do it, idiot.

Yep. It's not like you wake up one day and go oh fuck no I'm 110kg ripped and am really going to struggle to surf today. I really shouldn't have gone to the gym last night.

VmkkqSu.jpg