• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

FatGripz versus pool noodle

Timbomb

I'm trying a bit of thick bar work. Everyone I read says to buy a set of Fat Gripz, but to see if I get much out of it I tried taking a $2.99 pool noodle from the local discount store, carving off a couple of 15cm sections with a bread knife and then slicing a cut through to the centre and putting it on the bar.

I realise after a while, the cheap foam will collapse, but... $2.99... Can anyone (preferably people who own FGs) tell me why to buy FatGripz instead of just carving up pool noodles?

Tim

I'm trying a bit of thick bar work. Everyone I read says to buy a set of Fat Gripz, but to see if I get much out of it I tried taking a $2.99 pool noodle from the local discount store, carving off a couple of 15cm sections with a bread knife and then slicing a cut through to the centre and putting it on the bar.

I realise after a while, the cheap foam will collapse, but... $2.99... Can anyone (preferably people who own FGs) tell me why to buy FatGripz instead of just carving up pool noodles?

Tim

I did that for a little while, pool noodle grips broke after 3 sets. went and bought the gripforce grips from underground elite and they are heaps easier/convenient.

haven't used fatgripz specifically, but they will last a lot longer

l use and thrash my fat gripz 4ish times a week and l have no problems with them. They dont squish in like the pool noodle as well which might become a problem at heavier weights.

I've heard good things about the grip force ones as well. You need to constantly squeeze through the whole ROM. I've gotten used to my fat gripz and mainly use them for pushing / bro curling though

My fat gripz are nice and solid after 2 years. Mainly use them for pull ups. Pool noodles are nowhere as close to them but guess they'll be a nice ghetto mod. I think the grip force ones will be more challenging by the way the reviews go.