• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi's 13500 calorie "diet"

Thanks Fadi! Impressive background Dave. It's always good to see where peoples knowledge comes from. I went to our city library and hired out every book on body building and strength training. I ended up with only three books and two of them were a waste of time. I'll get that book soon enough, aiming to have a bookshelf full of good books on this sort of subject. Please recomend any other good books to collect if you can think of any? Thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd love to see myself become shredded on a diet this calorie and protein packed. :D
I just want to know though is there such a theory out there of 'delayed body change', I'm starting to get the feeling that what we eat has an impact in the near future just as much as it does when we eat it. For example you ate alot of icecream while training THEN you went on to eat ice cream while not training. I'd theorize that if you had gone back to your normal training and eating after that one month (or week or whatever it was) of eating 2kg ice cream a day then you'd notice some delayed fat gaining results.
I'm just not sure if I stand by that theory or not. :\

Man, I find it very difficult to get to my 4000cal diet each day. 13500 is absoultely immense, would of loved to of seen how your workouts were back then.

I'd love to see myself become shredded on a diet this calorie and protein packed. :D
I just want to know though is there such a theory out there of 'delayed body change', I'm starting to get the feeling that what we eat has an impact in the near future just as much as it does when we eat it. For example you ate alot of icecream while training THEN you went on to eat ice cream while not training. I'd theorize that if you had gone back to your normal training and eating after that one month (or week or whatever it was) of eating 2kg ice cream a day then you'd notice some delayed fat gaining results.
I'm just not sure if I stand by that theory or not. :\

I would not stand by that if I were you.

I love how the macro breakdown of 700+ grams of protein is only 20%.

Considering my current intake of 350 is 50% of my diet.

Giant diet is impressive Fadi.

Gents, please note that that way of eating was not done on purpose. By that I mean I did not wake up one morning thinking, yeh man, I want to break the world record for maximum calorie consumption or anything ridiculous like that. To be frank with you, when it came to nutrition back then, the only word I understood was: Food!

That way of eating (and I do admit now) that it was extremely different from the norm, did only last about 3-4 months. I was basically eating the way I felt, meaning I did not do it based on some conscious reason of (say) like bodybuilders do today of wanting to increase their protein, calories, or whatever. I simply woke up at 7am sharp for 4 months, and walked over to the cafeteria, where it all began.

I never felt uncomfortable in any way despite constantly been asked by the other weightlifters there to be careful lest I get fat. But fat was not part of my physical vocabulary for those 3-4 months.

I was training hard, but I wouldn't say harder than the rest of the weightlifting squad.

The moral of the story in all of this and perhaps why I shared this info with the forum to begin with, was to tell it like it is/was without any make-up or glossing over the way magazines do today... insulting our intelligence in their attempt in being politically correct. And the second reason I shared it with the forum was to basically say, listen to your body and give it what it’s asking for. I realise that one has to be more careful in bodybuilding due to the possibility of gaining fat etc. So had I gained fat around my waist or anywhere else for that matter back then, I’m sure I would have done something about it, but that was never the case. So be in tune with your own body is my message and don’t believe everything that you read, especially when it looks too good or too easy to be true.

When these four months had passed, I went back to normal eating as if nothing had happened. Thank God I was not afraid of listening to my body, and in a way, thank God I didn’t know anything about nutrition either… or I would have really given myself an unnecessary anxiety attack over the whole thing

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, I realise that i'm simply adding to a REALLY old thread, but do you have any pictures of you in competition form back in those days?

Fadi, I realise that i'm simply adding to a REALLY old thread, but do you have any pictures of you in competition form back in those days?
No.

Edit: I have a newspaper photo but with some of the team members going off to compete over in New Zealand. And I do have one when I was in Yugoslavia for a comp. But nothing that shows abs or anything like that. According to the AIS callipers/fat measurement thing, I was at 10% body fat.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff... I think you need a thread where you just tell us a different story or a new snippet of information or a video blog or something like that as the days pass. My original trainer competed in bodybuilding for many years through the 80s, and has been in the arena for 30+ years like you. He always has something great to tell me; it's fantastic.

Fantastic stuff... I think you need a thread where you just tell us a different story or a new snippet of information or a video blog or something like that as the days pass. My original trainer competed in bodybuilding for many years through the 80s, and has been in the arena for 30+ years like you. He always has something great to tell me; it's fantastic.

No worries Rino. I'm hoping to resume my training at 2:35am (in about 6 hours’ time) after taking about 2 months off and losing 15kg in the process. Although I've never had a journal on any forum, I think it may just be the time to do it starting tomorrow.

I'm glad you've enjoyed what I've shared with the forum so far Rino. Thank you Sir.

Fadi.

No worries Rino. I'm hoping to resume my training at 2:35am (in about 6 hours’ time) after taking about 2 months off and losing 15kg in the process. Although I've never had a journal on any forum, I think it may just be the time to do it starting tomorrow.

I'm glad you've enjoyed what I've shared with the forum so far Rino. Thank you Sir.

Fadi.

I think it's fantastic mate - without trying to sound like a prat, there aren't a lot of people who have the experience and demeanour that you have... especially that also know how to use a computer. When I make up a training log, I think it's going to be more like my own blog to talk about bodybuilding, PL and strength with like minded people more than it will be a list of lifts. I love lifting, and I'm always busting my ass for a few extra kilograms, but in most of what I do, I enjoy the journey more than the destination. As much as I want, with a passion, to break a 500kg raw, I want to slowly earn it...

I'm not really sure if you can understand where I'm coming from, but if you just want to put up a log to 'shoot the shit', I'd be a frequent visitor.

EDIT:

Oh, and enjoy the iron. I guarantee you'll quickly remember just how unforgiving, yet gratifying, it can be.