• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

F*** you and your elbow.

I might try to train longer and harder (if that's possible) to see if I can reach the point of overtraining. I wanna push the limits.

I might try to train longer and harder (if that's possible) to see if I can reach the point of overtraining. I wanna push the limits.

That will be difficult to pin-point, make sure your eating and sleeping, in fact load up on protien beforehand.
And well hydrated.
Maybe take the week off work.
Drink bucket loads of coffee.

Make sure you have someone pushing you.

That will be difficult to pin-point, make sure your eating and sleeping, in fact load up on protien beforehand.
And well hydrated.
Maybe take the week off work.
Drink bucket loads of coffee.

Make sure you have someone pushing you.

The coffee one is a bad idea - if you drink too much you overstimulate adrenals and that'll ruin his experiment. The rest seems ok lol

The closest I ever come to feeling anything like overtraining( it wasnt even close) was after reading some Broz training stuff started squatting everyday. After about a week was getting massive lower back pumps and cramps anytime I did anything. Lasted for a week or two and then went away. Hit some good PBs after squatting everyday.

No week off I'm just gonna do it while I'm eating a shit load.

I find psyching up to be the major factor. Overtraining is the adrenals shutting down to hypertrophy. Psyching up and using pre-workouts increases the release of the neurotransmitters from the adrenals and a bigger recovery is needed.

I never psyche up any more apart from at meets where it is sensible. You will find it very hard to overtrain if you're not getting psyched up. I think 5 heavy singles a day of the deadlift where you get meet levels of psyche would destroy you in 10 days no problem. You could easily triple that volume if you took the belt off and didn't psyche up

Interesting to see how many people who seem to suffer overtraining test positive for epstein barr

I wouldn't say that I was overtraining specifically but when I was just getting started in strength training I was doing SL5x5 3x a week and 3x 2hr mma classes. I was eating enough to maintain and slowly gain weight and sleep was typical 8hrs for me.

The progress I had with SL was a LOT slower than most people's seemed to be (other noobs). I don't know if it was overtraining, undereating, undersleeping, being a pussy (I don't think that is the case :p) or whatever but my body was definitely not responding well with that amount of volume at the time.

I then hurt myself doing mma, stopped that. Slowly came back to strength training when I could and the gains were MUCH more linear.

Now as a couple of years have gone by it seems as though I probably could handle the sort of training volume that I was doing initially but at the time it was just too large of a jump.

Hope that rambling makes sense :)

Got my new belt from Inzer last night.

null_zps6749fcea.jpg

Interesting to see how many people who seem to suffer overtraining test positive for epstein barr

thats a bit like saying "interesting to see how many people who seem to suffer overtraining, are breathing"

Above 80% of adults have had glandular fever at some point in their lives, 50% of kids have it before highschool..

thats a bit like saying "interesting to see how many people who seem to suffer overtraining, are breathing"

Above 80% of adults have had glandular fever at some point in their lives, 50% of kids have it before highschool..

80% isnt 100..

And 100% dont seem too suffer overtraining, perhaps only? 80?

The more I back off my old routine which seemed excessive, with 30 sets for bench/shoullders/triceps, the more I lose strength. Had to cause of real life stuff....

Cant get anywhere in training by going easy. I am fighting stillnox right now i hope this makes sense.