• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eye Fillet

I think you work for woolworths...

The point I am trying to make is you can't make gold out of shit...

"The recommended ratio of omega-6 fatty acids to omega-3 fatty acids should be less than 4:1. Grain-fed beef can have ratios that exceed 20:1 ratio, whereas grass-fed beef has a ratio of around 3:1. Grass-fed products are rich in all the fats now proven to be health-enhancing, but low in the fats that have been linked to ill-health and disease."

I will link the study when I get home.

Diets high in omega 6 have caused a whole host of diseases. But I guess you disagree with that too?

We have as a human race caused all these diseases through fucking with our food and processing... Example - feed cows corn (cheaper) than grass...

But you disagree with that too?

My point proven.

We have as a human race caused all these diseases through fucking with our food and processing... Example - feed corn (cheaper) than grass...
feeding animals corn instead of grass is an example of a disease is it?

stop scare-mongering. do you honestly think there are more diseases now than before agriculture? what do you think the average life expectancy is of a hunter and gatherer?

Hi 180sx kid,

Yes anyone can get alerts from Google. You just choose what words or phrase you would like to be alerted for and it will send you an email when ever it is posted somewhere. Very useful.

Each SB store does post through extra in-store specials, for those one the best plan would be to track us down on FaceBook Super Butcher | Facebook. If Super Butcher has a crazy special on Eye Fillet or one of the cuts you have mentioned I will try to remember to visit back here and post it up.

If anyone is interested, we have been out to a few of the farms that supply Super Butcher to film their product and exactly what is involved. It may or may not help with the discussion. Here are a few links:
Organic Beef: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I1akZTTy-0]YouTube - From Farm Gate To Your Plate - Organic Beef[/ame]
Black Angus: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5ynUkx-H0]YouTube - Black Angus Program[/ame]

cattle are fed corn in the us because it is a common, high-yield crop there. i grew up on a cattle farm and as far as i know, every farmer only fed their cattle grass or hay.

also, hormones have been illegal to give to cattle for decades.

grass-fed/hormone-free is a marketing gimmick in australia.

Whilst I agree about steroids/GH as such is banned, and has been banned for a long time, there are ways around it....... What about growth promoting anti-biotics. Have you ever heard of this being used?

If you looks at wollies chicken breasts, compared to local free range/organic chicken breasts, they are seriously about half the size.

It's like oral steroids were banned, so they develop PH do get around it. They get banned so they muck around with the structure of it and create a legal loop hole.

Not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious to your thoughts on this...

feeding animals corn instead of grass is an example of a disease is it?

stop scare-mongering. do you honestly think there are more diseases now than before agriculture? what do you think the average life expectancy is of a hunter and gatherer?

It is a factor to causing disease...

When has anyone gotten any benefit from eating a diet which has a ratio of 10:1 of omega 6 to omega 3?

The proper ratio from what I remember was 1:5 Omega 6 to Omega 3.

It is an example... By screwing with our food it alters nutrients which cause imbalances in our body (imbalances have been shown to cause disease)...

So you could say corn fed beef is contributing to disease.

The problem is I don't think people realise there is a grey area between - Eating nothing organic to eating everything organic...

These fat imbalances have been shown in organic milk vs non organic milk... Same amount of fat per 250ml though different ratios of fats...

It is a factor to causing disease...

When has anyone gotten any benefit from eating a diet which has a ratio of 10:1 of omega 6 to omega 3?

The proper ratio from what I remember was 1:5 Omega 6 to Omega 3.

It is an example... By screwing with our food it alters nutrients which cause imbalances in our body (imbalances have been shown to cause disease)...

So you could say corn fed beef is contributing to disease.

The problem is I don't think people realise there is a grey area between - Eating nothing organic to eating everything organic...

These fat imbalances have been shown in organic milk vs non organic milk... Same amount of fat per 250ml though different ratios of fats...

Can you show any proof of this??

I've only ever eaten this once or twice in a restaurant, so always expected good quality.
But tonight I bought some from the supermarket to try instead of Rump steak.
The difference is huge, the Eye fillet is so nice and tender.
However, the negative is the price.
Was $9.35 for 250g - $38/kg.

Does anyone eat this regularly and where do you get decent quality for a reasonable price, how much per KG?

I think this will be my favourite steak meal from now on.

My wife only really enjoys eye fillet, I'm not that fussy, just last night I had a tbone and deb had an eye fillet, the eye fillet is a good cut of meat.

We seem to be lucky at Coles at the minute, I'm not really fussed with the price, I just looked for a nicely marble piece which guarantees a tender tasty piece of meat.

Sticky I've brought chicken breasts at the supermarket that range from 150-400gms each. Chickens vary in size. Big deal.

Can you show any proof of this??

Proof of what? Fatty acid disposition and its relivence to disease? Or the difference in food products?

Bazza if you dont know something how can you argue a point? You can be sincere about your topic and also sincerley wrong if you dont know what in fact you are talking about.

Inflamation is at the cause of all disease.

prostaglandins.gif

Potentials to differentiate milk composition by different feeding strategies 2009

Slots T, Butler G, Leifert C, Kristensen T, Skibsted LH, Nielsen JH
Abstract

To investigate the effect of the dietary intake of the cow on milk composition, bulk-tank milk was collected on 5 occasions from conventional (n = 15) and organic (n = 10) farms in Denmark and on 4 occasions from low-input nonorganic farms in the United Kingdom, along with management and production parameters. Production of milk based on feeding a high intake of cereals, pasture, and grass silage resulted in milk with a high concentration of alpha-linolenic acid (9.4 +/- 0.2 mg/kg of fatty acids), polyunsaturated fatty acids (3.66 +/- 0.07 mg/kg of fatty acids), and natural stereoisomer of alpha-tocopherol (RRR-alpha-tocopherol, 18.6 +/- 0.5 mg/kg of milk fat). A milk production system using a high proportion of maize silage, by-products, and commercial concentrate mix was associated with milk with high concentrations of linoleic acid (LA; 19.7 +/- 0.4 g/kg of fatty acids), monounsaturated fatty acids (27.5 +/- 0.3 mg/kg of fatty acids), and a high ratio between LA and alpha-linolenic acid (4.7 +/- 0.2). Comparing these 2 production systems with a very extensive nonorganic milk production system relying on pasture as almost the sole feed (95 +/- 4% dry matter intake), it was found that the concentrations of conjugated LA (cis-9, trans-11; 17.5 +/- 0.7 g/kg of fatty acids), trans-11-vaccenic acid (37 +/- 2 g/kg of fatty acids), and monounsaturated fatty acids (30.4 +/- 0.6 g/kg of fatty acids) were higher in the extensively produced milk together with the concentration of antioxidants; total alpha-tocopherol (32.0 +/- 0.8 mg/kg of milk fat), RRR-alpha-tocopherol (30.2 +/- 0.8 mg/kg of milk fat), and beta-carotene (9.3 +/- 0.5 mg/kg of milk fat) compared with the organic and conventional milk. Moreover, the concentration of LA (9.2 +/- 0.7 g/kg of fatty acids) in milk from the extensive milk production system was found to approach the recommended unity ratio between n-6 and n-3, although extensive milk production also resulted in a lower daily milk yield.
http://dx.doi.org/10.3168/jds.2008-1392

• Journal of Dairy Science
  • Volume: 92
  • Number: 5
  • Pagination: 2057-2066
  • Publisher: American Dairy Science Association
  • Place Published: 1111 N DUNLAP AVE, SAVOY, IL 61874 USA
  • Date: 01-05-2009
  • Type of work: Research article
  • ISBN/ISSN: 0022-0302, 1525-3198

Bazza if you dont know something how can you argue a point? You can be sincere about your topic and also sincerley wrong if you dont know what in fact you are talking about.

Haha I agree mate. You have consistently demonstrated your limited knowledge on farming practices in other posts.

Changing the subject?

No I replied to one of your points. And I agree. With some of the totally incorrect things you posted about farming practices in another thread how can I take what you say on the topic seriously.

I'll read the study when I have time. Currently I'm on my iPhone while driving a tractor.

Whilst I agree about steroids/GH as such is banned, and has been banned for a long time, there are ways around it....... What about growth promoting anti-biotics. Have you ever heard of this being used?

If you looks at wollies chicken breasts, compared to local free range/organic chicken breasts, they are seriously about half the size.

It's like oral steroids were banned, so they develop PH do get around it. They get banned so they muck around with the structure of it and create a legal loop hole.

Not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious to your thoughts on this...
i don't know anything about chicken farming. i believe there are pro-hormones that can be used for cattle, but i don't know any who used them. things may have changed though.

I agree with Bazza and gongi.

Nina and I have tried the gimmicks. No difference in taste. Nina, the kids and I are all pretty healthy, cant say the same for a few on here.

Back on topic.

Anyway, market day today Adrian, Nina got 2kg of eye fillet today, it was $19.99kg

I agree with Bazza and gongi.

Nina and I have tried the gimmicks. No difference in taste. Nina, the kids and I are all pretty healthy, cant say the same for a few on here.

Back on topic.

Anyway, market day today Adrian, Nina got 2kg of eye fillet today, it was $19.99kg

Saw this hot chick downstairs smoking on her break she looked healthy too..

Brilliant logic

I wish I could afford eye fillet all the time but I normally buy whatever cut is cheapest and then just marinate it overnight to compensate if it is lower quality (flavour/tender wise).
I used to buy Roo fillets from Woollies but they are $19-21/kg so now i just buy good beef instead now :)