• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Explosive/Speed training for lifts

I would think most peoples technique would be limiting them from using enough weight on powercleans to benefit deadlifts much.

I really like stiff legged power cleans for this reason. I do not dip the knees/hips to catch, there is no second pull - just rip it from the floor with the same form as I would a deadlift and rack it on the shoulders. People here will, of course, nitpick this to death but it is an awesome exercise

I really like stiff legged power cleans for this reason. I do not dip the knees/hips to catch, there is no second pull - just rip it from the floor with the same form as I would a deadlift and rack it on the shoulders. People here will, of course, nitpick this to death but it is an awesome exercise

Isn't this essentially the same technique as a kettlebell clean?

My understanding from listening to Fadi...

Is that breaking the floor on the power clean does not form part of the power phase... This is a strength phase where the bar is lifted up to the point that the explosion commences....

The explosion happens after the bar is off the ground...

Isn't this essentially the same technique as a kettlebell clean?

I guess, not really familiar with it though

My understanding from listening to Fadi...

Is that breaking the floor on the power clean does not form part of the power phase... This is a strength phase where the bar is lifted up to the point that the explosion commences....

The explosion happens after the bar is off the ground...

Correct, but the explosive hip extension still carries over incredibly well to off the floor. It's the 2nd pull that increases speed/power production. So kettlebell swings and snatches will also help from the floor...

All this talk of cleans makes me want to start doing them, i've tried a few times but the smaller weight plates aren't bumpers so it makes it a bitch to practise. i'll see if i can find some step ups and try from there cause i'd like to try them.