• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Exploring the Deadlift

C

chokpa

THE DEAD LIFT (DL) AND ITS VARIATIONS ARE WIDELY ACCEPTED BY STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACHES AS ONE OF THE “BIG 3” EXERCISES PRESCRIBED TO DEVELOP “TOTAL BODY STRENGTH,” SPECIFICALLY THE HIP AND KNEE EXTENSORS, SPINAL ERECTORS, QUADRATUS LUMBORUM, CORE ABDOMINAL MUSCULATURE, AND BACK AND FOREARM MUSCLES. THEREFORE, THE PURPOSE OF THIS COLUMN IS TO INTRODUCE STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACHES TO THE MANY SPORT-SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS FOR COMMON DL VARIATIONS USED IN STRENGTH TRAINING PROGRAM DESIGN, WITH SPECIFIC EMPHASIS ON THE ROMANIAN DL, FOR ITS POTENTIAL USE IN THE TEACHING PROGRESSION OF THE POWER CLEAN.

Free article

Strength and Conditioning Journal:
April 2010 - Volume 32 - Issue 2 - pp 46-51
doi: 10.1519/SSC.0b013e3181d59582
Article
Exploring the Deadlift
Bird, Stephen PhD, CSCS; Barrington-Higgs, Benjamin

Thought you guys would be interested :) Plan on printing it out and reading it on the train

journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/Fulltext/2010/04000/Exploring_the_Deadlift.4.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxALLx20100222xxFRIEND

where does everybody find these articles, when ever i look up something I only ever get WIKI :mad:

Google scholar...

But i use my UNI database alot as it has access to alot of articles you would have to pay for...

Medical literiture studies are not free for people to read unless they are a certain age.

Also if you do not criticaly evaluate a study you can be fooled into believing something that was setup to fail