• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Experiencing squat pain

nazzysmith

kuncesmith
Getting a pain at the bottom of my squat in my pelvic region... Im looking for suggestions on how I can address this problem...

I use low bar with a wide stance and push my knees out...

I regularly foam roll...

At the bottom of the squat I get a twinge up inside my right thigh... Inside the groin area...

Im not sure if it is where my hamstring inserts into the bottom of my pelvis... Or if it is my abductor insertion point at the pubis...

Although I suspect that it is my abductor...

Any suggested mobility or assistance???? Im going to hit my abductors with the foam roller tonight...

I had this for a while, also had trouble getting deep enough because of it.
Big Jim pointed out to stretch before a squat session, sit deep in squat position and push legs out. I now do this for a few minutes before squatting and it has made a big difference.

I had this for a while, also had trouble getting deep enough because of it.
Big Jim pointed out to stretch before a squat session, sit deep in squat position and push legs out. I now do this for a few minutes before squatting and it has made a big difference.

Yep I already do this.. Will do more...

Ill be focusing my foam roller on abductors tonight...

I feel it just before hitting the bottom of the squat...

And then when i lock out at the top...

One of my clients had the same problem Nazzy. He turned his toes out 30 degrees and spaced his feet out shoulder width apart. As far as I can remember doing that basically cured his groin problem over night.

Try leg swings, (10 front/back, 10 side/side, each leg) before you add weight to the bar. As Grippy has said, assume the squat position and push your knees out with your elbows stretching the hip flexors too.

Warm up adequately. From memory, my client does, 6 warm up sets before he gets to his actual working set.

Foam rolling in addition to all of this, will also help!

Good luck, I hope it gets better soon :)

One of my clients had the same problem Nazzy. He turned his toes out 30 degrees and spaced his feet out shoulder width apart. As far as I can remember doing that basically cured his groin problem over night.

Try leg swings, (10 front/back, 10 side/side, each leg) before you add weight to the bar. As Grippy has said, assume the squat position and push your knees out with your elbows stretching the hip flexors too.

:)

Toes are pointed out feet with a wide stance
I do plenty of stretching at the bottom of the squat elbows on knees

But have not tried leg swings... Will trial and see...

Try switching to a different stance for a while, let the body heal a bit. Or better still switch to front squats and increase your core strength, this will help alleviate the hips as you will load them more evenly with a stronger core.

Good luck with it Nazz
G

Beat me to it rambo.
What exercises are you performing with the foam roller?
Are you targeting the Itb and hip flexors?

Son of a bitch!!!!!

Felt things out squatting body weight to test the waters... No good...

Rolled the shit out of my right leg... Got nice and deep on my abductors... This resulted in immediate ability to squat body weight...

No good though once the weight started to go up...

I will continue to foam roll every day...

I will likely take a week off squatting.... ( FUCK MY LIFE)

Then deload the following week.... To try and resolve...