• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ever met anyone that you met online?

My current partner have been together over 2 years so far, we met online. I saw a 21yo chick for 2 months before that, also online.
I was a single bloke in the pilbara and had 2 kids to the ex...online dating worked well for me.

I've met a few of people who I'd only ever talked to online.

One was a girl from England who was looking for a place to live, but we had just found a housemate. She sent me an email anyway, since she was in the country and had no friends, so we hung out a lot. Was pretty cool.

I've also had a few people doing study abroad who have lived with me and have become good mates.

Also met a girl from a dating site and saw her for a while, hooked up etc etc but I moved away so I don't see her anymore.

Met people to play some sports and chill while I was overseas... using facebook groups and expat forums.
Overall met some pretty cool people!

I've met tons of people through forums. One girl that i end up having a relationship with, and tons of people of both genders that I catch up with semi regularly.

It makes perfect sense that you'd associate with people of common interests, which is exactly what forums are.

humph

this is interesting information lol

I am yet to meet anyone from a 'forum' although I have done some online dating...some good, some very baaaaaad lol

Although I have attended 3 weddings in the last 5 months for friends who met their current partners online......so it works for some!

So have you ever met anyone online?
Plenty, especially from chatroom meets on Mirc32 back in the day.
How did you meet them?
Events, usually. Movies, bowling, iceskating, car cruises etc
What site?
Mirc32 chat, Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, Myspace etc
How did it pan out ?
Very well thanks, and a few times not so good.

Ok I have a question for the lads of the forum who have internet dated or online dated, or whatever the hell you want to call it....

I have a slightly older girlfriend who is divorced, no kids.

She started chatting to a guy from an online dating site wayyyyyyyyyy back in December last year. He's "allegedly" fairly wealthy, owns many business's and incredibly busy. Due to lots of national and international travel, they've never met and only ever spoken on the phone twice. But they talk daily via email and sometimes a messenger program too (not sure if it's msn or facebook or something else, never asked)

Anywho....she talks about him ALL the time. And on Sunday by the river as we drank ourselves into oblivion she said that during their many months of discussion he confided to her that he lost his wife and small daughter in a car accident 6 years ago and whilst he thought he was ready for a relationship, time has shown him, that perhaps he's not. He's created a very busy life for himself and did so after his wife and daughter were killed (apparently) and as he feels SHE is looking for love, or a relationship, he doesn't want to meet her, but would like to continue talking via email as he now considers her a friend.

WTF is this shit????

Is this even remotely plausible???

I personally told her I think he's full of shit and she needs to cut the mofo off. If after 8 or 9 months of talking almost every day, he can't muster up the courage and/or desire to fucking well meet her - then he's hiding something.

She has apparently exchanged MANY photo's with him (of herself) and he's always said he's very attracted to her and she's beautiful (which she is) - and I believe he sent her about 5 pictures in the very beginning of their 'chats' but has refused to send more pictures since then!

Also, not too long after they started talking, he removed his profile from the site entirely, so he hasn't been 'actively searching' for a relationship/sex or friendship since that time (as far as she knows).

I guess my problem with this is, if you've spent 8-9 months 'talking' to eachother via email, why the hell shouldn't you meet? If only as friends? To share a coffee? Or a cheeky wine? Or...whatever!

She was distraught on Sunday and really, beyond telling her to cut him off and he's full of shit, I didn't know what else to say? My experience with online dating has been brief - and I literally exchanged maybe 3 or 4 messages with the men, before meeting them within a week or the first email. So I don't get it.
And I don't understand how you could invest that kinda time in someone who's not prepared to meet???????

Also....they allegedly live less than 5 minutes away from eachother?

Really! WTF?

Gents??? What is your take on this??
Is he a liar?
Is he hiding something?
Is he just not attracted to her?
Or wtf is going on here? lol

She's called him out and gotten angry with him, so she says and asked him if he's lied about everything and told him she doesn't even care anymore, would still like to at least lay eyes on him.

His response?

I've been through alot and whilst I thought I was ready for more, I'm just not. I'm sorry.

So errr.....I don't even know what to say to her anymore lol

Thoughts? Responses? Advice?

Also, she's 38 and cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! This woman has NO trouble meeting men in real life, but given all the time she's invested in this guy, I have a feeling she's built him up to be the ultimate or something far grander than what he actually is?

An intelligent beautiful woman has lost her fucking mind imo.

HELP!

Well done Bradders! 16?????? farrrk!

I agree PowerBarbie! Completely!

And no, he won't tell her his last name, or what business's he owns or where, specifically he lives. But he puts this down to meeting a girl before he starting chatting to her, who ended up being a 'stalker' allegedly, so now he gives NO INFORMATION to anyone to protect his identity and his families identity.

I said to her "Really??? After 9 months of chatting he can't even give you his fucking last name???? Is he Jason Bourne????"

lmao fuck I can't even believe that she's been sucked into all this shit. It sounds to me, like he tells her juuuuuust enough to keep her hanging...but nothing....real!

mofo

Women are about as bad at the dating game as men, they just get stuck one step later in the process....

'He's not that into her' ... tell her to get the hell out, it will just keep her on ice and not progressing for ages otherwise.

A couple of ex's back I met one online using okcupid.com
Went out for 9 months. Nurse.
The only things we had in common were motorbikes and enjoying sex.
She was a Parramatta Eels supporter and I'm a Manly supporter

Bella - this is Class A bullshit.

Once question for your friend: why in God's holy fucking name would you WANT to continue a relationship with someone who DOESN'T want one with you?

End of story.

and get her some help - she may be cute as hell, but she has some serious issues of her own to deal with (let's star with self-worth?)

Women are about as bad at the dating game as men, they just get stuck one step later in the process....

'He's not that into her' ... tell her to get the hell out, it will just keep her on ice and not progressing for ages otherwise.

I agree. But how to get this through her skull! And I guess there is a part of her that just hopes, someday he'll change his mind?

Why the hell would you talk to a woman for 9 months via email but never want to meet them? To me, there is no plausible excuse for this. None! The ONLY thing that would make sense, is that he's lied about everything and CAN'T meet her. But does actually like her very much.

But you gotta wonder about the mental stability of people who do this imo! Fuck me.

A couple of ex's back I met one online using okcupid.com
Went out for 9 months. Nurse.
The only things we had in common were motorbikes and enjoying sex.
She was a Parramatta Eels supporter and I'm a Manly supporter

lmao

Clearly doomed lex!
I am surprised you guys stuck at it for 9 months though! Well done ;)

Bella - this is Class A bullshit.

Once question for your friend: why in God's holy fucking name would you WANT to continue a relationship with someone who DOESN'T want one with you?

End of story.

and get her some help - she may be cute as hell, but she has some serious issues of her own to deal with (let's star with self-worth?)

Candyman, I adore thee! :)

I'm going to practice saying this until I know it off by heart and then I will recount it to her TONIGHT!

<3 thank you beautiful man! x

Ok I have a question for the lads of the forum who have internet dated or online dated, or whatever the hell you want to call it....

I have a slightly older girlfriend who is divorced, no kids.

She started chatting to a guy from an online dating site wayyyyyyyyyy back in December last year. He's "allegedly" fairly wealthy, owns many business's and incredibly busy. Due to lots of national and international travel, they've never met and only ever spoken on the phone twice. But they talk daily via email and sometimes a messenger program too (not sure if it's msn or facebook or something else, never asked)

Anywho....she talks about him ALL the time. And on Sunday by the river as we drank ourselves into oblivion she said that during their many months of discussion he confided to her that he lost his wife and small daughter in a car accident 6 years ago and whilst he thought he was ready for a relationship, time has shown him, that perhaps he's not. He's created a very busy life for himself and did so after his wife and daughter were killed (apparently) and as he feels SHE is looking for love, or a relationship, he doesn't want to meet her, but would like to continue talking via email as he now considers her a friend.

WTF is this shit????

Is this even remotely plausible???

I personally told her I think he's full of shit and she needs to cut the mofo off. If after 8 or 9 months of talking almost every day, he can't muster up the courage and/or desire to fucking well meet her - then he's hiding something.

She has apparently exchanged MANY photo's with him (of herself) and he's always said he's very attracted to her and she's beautiful (which she is) - and I believe he sent her about 5 pictures in the very beginning of their 'chats' but has refused to send more pictures since then!

Also, not too long after they started talking, he removed his profile from the site entirely, so he hasn't been 'actively searching' for a relationship/sex or friendship since that time (as far as she knows).

I guess my problem with this is, if you've spent 8-9 months 'talking' to eachother via email, why the hell shouldn't you meet? If only as friends? To share a coffee? Or a cheeky wine? Or...whatever!

She was distraught on Sunday and really, beyond telling her to cut him off and he's full of shit, I didn't know what else to say? My experience with online dating has been brief - and I literally exchanged maybe 3 or 4 messages with the men, before meeting them within a week or the first email. So I don't get it.
And I don't understand how you could invest that kinda time in someone who's not prepared to meet???????

Also....they allegedly live less than 5 minutes away from eachother?

Really! WTF?

Gents??? What is your take on this??
Is he a liar?
Is he hiding something?
Is he just not attracted to her?
Or wtf is going on here? lol

She's called him out and gotten angry with him, so she says and asked him if he's lied about everything and told him she doesn't even care anymore, would still like to at least lay eyes on him.

His response?

I've been through alot and whilst I thought I was ready for more, I'm just not. I'm sorry.

So errr.....I don't even know what to say to her anymore lol

Thoughts? Responses? Advice?

Also, she's 38 and cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! This woman has NO trouble meeting men in real life, but given all the time she's invested in this guy, I have a feeling she's built him up to be the ultimate or something far grander than what he actually is?

An intelligent beautiful woman has lost her fucking mind imo.

HELP!

WTF ???? That sounds like a Nigerian scam.

From Nigeria with love

WTF ???? That sounds like a Nigerian scam.

From Nigeria with love

lmfaoooo

I know, that's what we all said on Sunday "Babe, has he asked for your bank account details yet"?

And we were killing ourselves laughing. But she is seriously fcked up over it!

He's never asked her for anything, in fact I believe he's even OFFERED to cover costs of certain things when she was complaining about her business/personal bills.

This is HOW this all blew up - she said something like "I could never accept financial assistance from someone I've never met and I assume you would never give it to someone YOU'VE never met. Let's meet!"

And he said no. Then he said he would transfer money to her bank account if she needed it or write her a cheque or whatever she needs! WTF!

I told her to ask for a cheque, as at least that'd have his name on it! Or at the very least, his company name! lolol

Ahh my mind is full of fuck over this one. I got nothin.

lmfaoooo

I know, that's what we all said on Sunday "Babe, has he asked for your bank account details yet"?

And we were killing ourselves laughing. But she is seriously fcked up over it!

He's never asked her for anything, in fact I believe he's even OFFERED to cover costs of certain things when she was complaining about her business/personal bills.

This is HOW this all blew up - she said something like "I could never accept financial assistance from someone I've never met and I assume you would never give it to someone YOU'VE never met. Let's meet!"

And he said no. Then he said he would transfer money to her bank account if she needed it or write her a cheque or whatever she needs! WTF!

I told her to ask for a cheque, as at least that'd have his name on it! Or at the very least, his company name! lolol

Ahh my mind is full of fuck over this one. I got nothin.

Either he's

1) Persuing other options
2) a Current inmate in a state prison
3) A nigerian scammer playing the long game
4) Nowhere near as attractive as his pictures and scared
5) Happily married and playing games online
6) A women pretending to be a man
7) 12 years old
8) A computer virus