• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Estimating Your Genetic Potential of LBM (Naturally) - Legit?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I've stumbled across this calculator that gives you an estimate of the "maximum muscular bodyweight and muscular measurements (at roughly 8 to 10% bodyfat) that a drug-free trainee of your structure is likely to attain. It is based on equations I've developed through over 6 years of research and analysis of data from drug-free champions both past and present."

Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements

For example as a 6" person @ 12% BF, this puts my limit to 202lbs, or 93kg.

Whats My Genetic Muscular Potential? | BodyRecomposition

This means I am exactly 10kg off my genetic 'potential' beyond which I would need chemical assistance. How does that sound?

It's interesting because in training with natural bodybuilders in the past, I've noted that their weight has hovered around the high 80's (based on same height). This seems to correlate well with the above. My expectations on what I could achieve have become more realistic. So no, I won't ever get massive and huge unless I get on the juice. And being a fat bastard doesn't count, otherwise I can just eat sushi all day and become a bloody sumo wrestler!

I think its a waste of time to think about.
Do what you can to improve as much as you can, whilst still having some semblance of a life. Enjoy the journey.

There are so many factors at play that I don't think anyone will reach their genetic potential....

Of course it's generally not possible for us gym rats to reach our genetic potential. But a lot of new lifters get all excited, thinking yeah bud I am going to be comp ready 100kg when they're like 5'5 isn't very constructive and can easily cause them to lose focus or worse still, interest in the sport!

Far better is it to start with realistic expectations and goals and then work hard (and smart) to get there.

hey i just joined now
i am a starter i just started my fitness 1week ago. i want to know how to increase my stamina to work out

Last edited:
Mine came up at 180-190 at 15%.
That's like 82-86kg.... I reckon it's a little on the low side given how long I've been seriously training for and a few people up in here (there's heaps with 10+ years training experience on me) would probably already be at or beyond their 'projected potential'.

Mine came up at 180-190 at 15%.
That's like 82-86kg.... I reckon it's a little on the low side given how long I've been seriously training for and a few people up in here (there's heaps with 10+ years training experience on me) would probably already be at or beyond their 'projected potential'.
Well isn't that a bit weird. Either the database of natural athletes are skewed incorrectly, some of the 'natts' are taking test on the side, or you're a genetic freak! (or srsly maybe you've been able to reach your potential through hard work in balancing training and recovery).

They estimated some where between 112-116kg at 14% body fat for me.
That's a fair bit more than I weigh, obviously being so tall it'll be some time for me to reach my 'genetic potential'.
I don't believe there is a limit, you can constantly change the way you train and eat. Just keep pushing and pushing yourself.

They estimated some where between 112-116kg at 14% body fat for me.
That's a fair bit more than I weigh, obviously being so tall it'll be some time for me to reach my 'genetic potential'.
I don't believe there is a limit, you can constantly change the way you train and eat. Just keep pushing and pushing yourself.
Yep. It all makes me think of big lean guys from 100 or more years ago.
Were they genetic freaks? Or did they just work harder and or smarter than the rest. :)

247.5lb muscular bodyweight is apparently my limit at 6ft and I should be lucky to have 25.5 inch legs. The problem is my thighs are 26.5 now and I'm 225lbs - my legs still look skinny. Something is wrong with the calculator or is it for triathletes?

247.5lb muscular bodyweight is apparently my limit at 6ft and I should be lucky to have 25.5 inch legs. The problem is my thighs are 26.5 now and I'm 225lbs - my legs still look skinny. Something is wrong with the calculator or is it for triathletes?

Everyone has different genetic disposition

Nope, Casey Butt's framesize model was based on top level natural bodybuilders and factors in how light framed individuals gained less muscle mass compared to heavier framed individuals on the same training program so it acknowledges the potential link between frame size and hormone levels that would contribute to trainability and ultimate gains in muscle mass.

It (the equation) describes a "normal" state of nutrition and fluid retention in the trainee, being:

lbm.bmp

• where,
    H = Height in inches
    A = Ankle circumference at the smallest point
    W = Wrist circumference measured on the hand side of the styloid process.
    (The styloid process is the bony lump on the outside of your wrist.)
    %bf = The body fat percentage at which you want to predict your maximum lean body mass
The above equation, as it was derived from collected data, applies most accurately to individuals of approximately average, balanced bone structures for their heights and average muscle belly lengths. Very thin ectomorphic men can expect to achieve roughly 95% of the lean body mass that the equation predicts. Likewise, very endo-mesomorphic men, men who have disproportionately wide hips, thick shoulder structures and torsos, high natural testosterone levels, exceptionally long muscle bellies or uncharacteristically small joints for their frame size may be able to exceed the prediction by up to roughly 5% in extreme cases (WNBF World Champion and Mr. Universe Rob Hope comes to mind).

key wording being "average" in the data.

average is in the middle, neither high nor low.

and genetics isn't just genetics, we unlock epigenetics which make far more difference in our lives than we give credit for.

you are not the same in your final years as birth. that is a MYTH!