• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

I take everything back I said earlier in the thread. There's no way I thought a professional football club would be stupid enough to allow a conditioning guy to give the players peptides. Geez I was wrong.

I'm surprised Dank got a job at any of these professional clubs. He is hopeless. All the players treated him like a joke when he was our trainer. This was in '99 and 2000 though. Long time ago!!

Funny how now at work with this everyone seems to be a fuckin expert on Steriods, Pertides, Supps etc etc etc

Giving me the fucking shits...

I saw it, I'm a bombers fan, so it rustled my jimmies, not that we are even close to a flag anyway, not have we been for a while

I too am a bombers fan.

I'm not thinking too much on it.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle.

But in my mind there is too much emphasis on building strength and not enough thought into how are we going to maintain and improve playing skills.

As with everything, football has gone from one extreme to the other.

When Sheedy first arrived at eessendon he and his team new what to look for.
Des tuddenham set the scene before sheeds, but he too was a fitness nut.

I too am a bombers fan.

I'm not thinking too much on it.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle.

But in my mind there is too much emphasis on building strength and not enough thought into how are we going to maintain and improve playing skills.

As with everything, football has gone from one extreme to the other.

When Sheedy first arrived at eessendon he and his team new what to look for.
Des tuddenham set the scene before sheeds, but he too was a fitness nut.

Too much emphasis on strength in AFL. Lol. Most of them are as weak as kittens.

The fitness and skill of the players is better than ever before. Strength and size are not. It's just the way the game is played now. 18 man zones, minimal physical contact mean you need to run all day and hit a target when you do get the ball.

Bazza, do you think the skill of kicking the footy has improved?

Do you think that they are sacrificing skill, for speed?

Bazza, do you think the skill of kicking the footy has improved?

Do you think that they are sacrificing skill, for speed?

Yep I think the skills have improved. Unskillful players get found out in a game pretty pretty quick nowadays. Even down at lower levels we are playing the 18 man zone and do skill drills at training to pinpoint players to break though the zone. Never did that 5 or 10 years ago.

Many people go on about skills in football having gone backwards since the 80s and 90s, but the fact is players now are under more pressure than ever before when disposing the ball and when taking shots at goal they are usually stuffed from repeat sprint efforts.

The side that maintains possession of the ball the most is most likely to win the most games
Peptides will help with recovery from session to session but they do not make you strong, jacked, fit or give you bulletproof tendons