• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eric Spoto didn't get his 716 bench. Stan Efferding didn't get his 905 squat

0ni

Registered Rustler

v5cfpli9d9.jpg

Can't find the scorecard
My jimmies were rustled though, one of the most anticipated meets of the year and shitty results

Disappointing after so much hype from Mark Bell. IMO the big squats shown in his ST vids are often high anyway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1m3IA_S_o&feature=g-all-u]SuperTraining.TV LIVE: Backyard Meet of the Century Deadlift Flight 4 - YouTube[/ame] (whole meet is on his channel)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFjpYjquUg&feature=g-all-u]Brandon Lilly @ SPF SuperTraining GYM Backyward Meet - YouTube[/ame]

I was spewing they missed them, but considering the circumstances I can sort of see why.

By all accounts Rhino takes an insane amount of time to warm up. This actually cut into the meet and he had to miss his first attempt because he wasn't ready. So he had to take his 2nd as his opener pretty much. Bad day for him I reckon. He had already hit a 905 (missed 903) in the gym so was a same really.

Spoto as well had already hit a 700 paused in comp. Dont think it was as easy as everybody thought but still went up fairly well. Also had about 30 mins between warmup and first attempt. The problem I though was him picking a VERY shitty opener attempt with 716. A few people have said now "Get Comfortable, Get Confident, Get Cocky" in regards to attempts.

Eric Lilliebridge hit 2121 with 2nd attempts and an injured pec.

Brandon Lilly hit 2204 raw (Hamburglers vid) when his best Geared total is 2530 so just shows that these guys arent WEAK AS SHIT without gear like some have said on here.

Last edited:
Disappointing after so much hype from Mark Bell. IMO the big squats shown in his ST vids are often high anyway.

Some are I agree but not this one lol

[ame="http://youtu.be/URNVKPD12vg"]SuperTraining.TV: Stan Efferding 905 lb Raw Training Squat | Three Angles - YouTube[/ame]

Lesson to be learned here:
No one gives a fuck what you lifted in the gym if you can't back it up come meet time.
Save the big ones for meets. This meet was full of people who hit big numbers a few weeks out from the meet but missed it when it mattered

That's borderline at best... Tough to see, but looks like the top of the leg at the hip crease is higher than the top of the knee to me.

Not sure how you can say that

The only view you can judge depth from is the side, and the shot from that the spotters block 90% of the view, in particular the hips which you need to look at to judge depth

Not sure how you can say that

The only view you can judge depth from is the side, and the shot from that the spotters block 90% of the view, in particular the hips which you need to look at to judge depth

Read my post again. I didn't say I could see exactly how deep it was. And I call bullshit about the 'you can only judge depth from the side'. To see exactly how deep it was sure, but you can still generally see how deep it is from the front (provided the height is okay, in this case, the knee height is perfect.). You have to guestimate how far below the hips crease is hidden, and in my guestimation there is no way his legs are that skinny at the hip to be below parallel.

To me this is borderline, probably high:

Lxrcy.jpg