• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eggs, when and how to eat them

Hi Fadi, the atricle you posted talks alot about "Biotin", and to
Supplement with biotin. Safe and adequate recommendations for biotin use are about 30 to 300 micrograms per day in adults, and 10 to 30 micrograms per day for infants and children. Typical therapeutic doses are anywhere between 100 micrograms and 16 milligrams per day.
Studies have shown daily doses as high as 100 milligrams caused no adverse effects in otherwise healthy individuals. No studies to date have been done using intakes anywhere near 5.7 grams, but for those who are interested Allergy Research Group has a 5,000-mg biotin capsule, and, depending on your overall egg consumption, there's also an 8,000-mg capsule by Thorne. You would theoretically need about 5,000 mg of biotin per egg white to 'neutralize' the avidin in the average large egg.

Detection and Treatment of a Biotin Deficiency
If you have been consuming whole raw eggs like I have, you may be concerned that you are now deficient in biotin. You need not worry too much as it takes months to years of severely deficient biotin intake to cause any noticeable symptoms, and these symptoms will clear up quickly if you stop eating raw egg whites and take a biotin supplement for a few weeks

Do you know how many raw egg the author is consuming?

It also advises not to eat raw egg whithe every day, yolk one day white the next.

You have been eating raw eggs (5+ daily) for a long time, have you had a problem with Biotin deficiency?

Mike.

P.S. I'm really looking forward to Sunday and resting:D
Cheers,
Mike.

Hi Mike,

I was thinking about you this morning as I was driving home from work. I was wondering if you were cursing me...:D Well, it's good you're here now my friend.

Now re the eggs; I've taken in large numbers without ever taking biotin once in my life. I'm not crazy about B vitamins; they tend to make me sleepy (the opposite of what they should do)! The Doctor I presented is being very cautious; that's how doctors are usually.

Again as I've said in my first reply that I was not advocating people do what I do; I also say that I drink my eggs with juice. To be exact 2 juices that are my favourite and yes they are FULL of sugar: apricot nectar and pine/coconut fruit drink. I do NOT get fat easily. That is why I'm not advocating you do what I do; I'm just being honest about it here that's all. Do what I ask of you if you so wish but not what I do; unless you know your body really well to how it responds to food and training.

Fadi.

Fadi ur are definatley diagnosing good taste.. eggs and apricot juice .. 10 pointas. Viva las jusas!!

MD

Had them with apple and pineapple juice yesterday and was very easy to drink, where do you buy that coconut pine stuff?

I'll have to try them in juice, I hads one raw from the shell yesterday. Only because my kids dared me to! It took a few attempts but I finally gagged it down, I should have broken the yolk first:(

The kids laughter at the faces I pulled was well worth it:p

Mike