• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Effort"

GHOSTrun

Whilst going through some old training logs for content to use in another post, I came across this session on the 3-12-07. I was 19yo and weighed 58kg.

The workout consisted of some military press, then 20 rep squats and lastly finished up with 20 rep deadlifts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISPWWII1SWg]YouTube - EFFORT Ghosty Squat 105kg x 18 - Old training vid from 3-12-07 - 58kg bw[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvveXH5lrw]YouTube - EFFORT - Ghosty DL 105kg x 20 - Old training vid from 3-12-07 - 58kg bw[/ame]

I hope this serves as an eye opener to those who could be pushing themselves a little harder. Also I am keen to hear about what your toughest training sessions have consisted of....so I can try them :p

Mike you make a great effort maybe once every few months.

All the time in between is filled with no lifting, shit eating, no sleep or a combination of other rubbish.

Effort aint your problem.

COSISTENCY IS!

yeah you failed the 19th rep... mentally. :p your sticking point is about halfway up, you didnt even try to come out of the hole. i think you had probably quit before you started your 19th. thats just what it looked like to me.

nice videos mike.... its a shame u havent trained consistently and had better eating habbits... you coudl have been/still ca be a good light weight lifter.

Mike only has an on/off switch, no standby.

Mike has lifts that no one at PTC or possibly this forum can do

His bw overhead squats for over 10 reps

Turkish get up with a BB and 60kg from memory

I know he has squatted bodyweight for 50 reps

Ange Galati had never touched a weight at Mikes age.......he ended up benching 265kg

There is plenty of time for Mike to get his shit sorted, he's still a kid

I'm surprised that no one has commented on his deadlifting form. To me it looks more like a SLDL than a conventional dl. Just my 2 cents

I'm surprised that no one has commented on his deadlifting form. To me it looks more like a SLDL than a conventional dl. Just my 2 cents
Looking back at the program it was actually SLDL's..

[quote name='m&m' date='26 November 2007 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1196028673' post='3740209']
Squats 1 x 20
Pullovers 1 x 10
Military press 3 x 6
SLDL 1 x 20 (same weight as squats)
Pullovers 1 x 10
Bent rows 3 x 6
[/quote]