• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dumbbell handles

Arfwit

WTF, I'm a Kunce too?
Are oly dumbbell handles that much better than standard handles?

My old handles are too short to put more than 30kg on them and I'm trying to decide whether to buy longer handles and some more 5kg std plates or sell one of my children and get oly handles and a bunch of plates (I only have 4x1.25, 2x2.5, 2x5).

Obviously sticking with standard dumbbells is a lot cheaper considering I already have more smaller plates for it so I'm wondering if there's any reason to change.

Oly handles are not much good for a few reasons. Go with the standard ones as others have suggested.

Thanks for the replies. I thought about making some but orbit sell 20" handles so I might just buy a pair depending on price. I made a set of farmers walk handles but don't have the same access to a welder and materials as I did then.

I bought oly handles.. Wish I hadnt. They don't feel stable and I don't feel safe with anything over 30kg on them. They were the rotating collar types.

Ended up ditching them and buying a 120kg standard spinlocks set. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the new handles today, $55. They got the price wrong in the email so I saved $5. Got some more 5kg plates too, these ones don't even have a lip to grab and are about 1" less diameter but weight is weight I guess.