• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DTP training, a favour to a mate

pumpedup86

Ok guys here is my story.

I have just finished having a conversation with a mate of mine who is a personal trainer. He owns his own little company and does boot camps and what not, but is very much into bodybuilding.

He has recently gone over to the states and did a course with Kris Gethin, (bodybuilding.com puppet) to gain international certification in DTP training ($$$ maker much, me personally believe its a crock of shit and a waste of time but hey each to their own) If you havent heard of Dramatic Transformation Principal, its just another program people have been doing in the past, but put together and promoted by Kris Gethin and bodybuilding.com to sell more shit supplements on their site. Its going to be getting pumped more then Paris Hilton in the UK soon and they are doing courses over there soon.

So my friend during this conversation telling me about his travels, asks me if I could do him a favor. I said of course (he is a good friend and I do owe him plenty of favors)

So the bastard says to me "You love your training mate, and your very dedicated, but you dont look like you train as hard as you do, i want to change that" (I am into strength training more then bodybuilding)

If I could of punched him over the phone I would have. I responded and said "F*** *** **** ** you little c** once I got that off my chest i said what do you want me to do.

He wants to use me as his guinea pig for his new promotion of DTP training. Take a photograph of me, then do his DTP program and in 16 weeks, wants to take a picture of the "new" me and sell it to his clients as a before and after scene using this "great new" program. He has the program outlined for me, and diet plan as well ( I have a pretty good diet, just need to clean some aspects up while doing this)

In the end because he is a very good friend, I have said yes.

So firstly

has anyone done this DTP training at all?
Secondly, Ill be keeping a log on this website (oh god people are going to give me shit when I log my workouts and they see no deadlifts or squats) I will post my photo and update every day, with diet as well.

Just to give you a run down on what this DTP routine will look like.

Week 1 is

LEGS
Leg Press
50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
(45 to 120 second rest in between sets)
Abs

Chest and Back

Bent over DB Row
(Superset)
Flat DB Press
50,40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50

Shoulders

Seated Military Press
(superset)
Upright Row

Arms

EZ Curl
(superset)
Skull crushers
Abs

and 3 x 20 mins steady cardio sessions when I can.

Exercises will change up during the weeks.

I am going to get a lot of criticism for doing this, I know, don't really care, Its a favor for a mate, and I never mind taking up a challenge.

It's only for 16 weeks mate, whats the worst that could happen?

Try it out for him. If it works then you'll be better looking, no harm in that. If it doesn't, then you've done him just as valuable a favor imho, since then he'll figure out that it's shit and drop it, or realise which bits he doesn't like and tweak it. I think regardless of what happens he'll be a better PT afterwards and that's a great gift to give a mate. In exchange, you just have to be a pussy and not squat for a while.

And special reps for this line "going to be getting pumped more then Paris Hilton"

Worst training program ever and to think they are selling this.
The fitness industry has gone truely to shit. Everything to make a buck out of some poor young kid on BB.com who doesnt know any better.

From a bodybuilding prespective.
So many imbalances and WTF is leg press alone going to achieve.

I can go into more technical reasons why its shit but have a toilet to clean at my gym. Thats how much i think of that "program"

It's only for 16 weeks mate, whats the worst that could happen?

Try it out for him. If it works then you'll be better looking, no harm in that. If it doesn't, then you've done him just as valuable a favor imho, since then he'll figure out that it's shit and drop it, or realise which bits he doesn't like and tweak it. I think regardless of what happens he'll be a better PT afterwards and that's a great gift to give a mate. In exchange, you just have to be a pussy and not squat for a while.

And special reps for this line "going to be getting pumped more then Paris Hilton"

You are right, I might compromise do it for 8 weeks, that's plenty of time to gauge how it is going on my body, how I am feeling etc.

He might find, like we all think, that it's a shit program and ditch it and never speak of it again, a lesson learned, so if I can give that to him I guess I have done my job. When it comes down to it I am not a body builder and I do not compete In power lifting , so it's not going to effect my life so I can help him outfor this short time time. In any case I move out in 8 weeks so I can hit PTC as a weak ling and get back into it.

Trent I do not dis agree with you at all. It certainly isn't my cup of tea and does look like a pile of shit, FYI apparently bodybuilding.com are promoting a video series by kris gethin with this plan ala his 12 week one and blood and guts

You are right, I might compromise do it for 8 weeks, that's plenty of time to gauge how it is going on my body, how I am feeling etc.

He might find, like we all think, that it's a shit program and ditch it and never speak of it again, a lesson learned, so if I can give that to him I guess I have done my job. When it comes down to it I am not a body builder and I do not compete In power lifting , so it's not going to effect my life so I can help him outfor this short time time. In any case I move out in 8 weeks so I can hit PTC as a weak ling and get back into it.

Trent I do not dis agree with you at all. It certainly isn't my cup of tea and does look like a pile of shit, FYI apparently bodybuilding.com are promoting a video series by kris gethin with this plan ala his 12 week one and blood and guts

You're a long way from weakling mate. I was doing empty barbell squats not very long ago. This program will move you south of vag, but PTC will repair that quick smart :)

Why doesn't your mate just do photoshopped before and afters like everyone else and then it saves you from doing the program.

Looks like I don't have to help him out now, phhheeewwww

Darkoz, 4 work outs a week, first 4 weeks its max of 2 exercises per body part, then it goes into two transitions like MP and Late raises then on the rep range 10 to 50 swap to 2 other exercises something like that.

Anyways I am not doing it any more, his brother is going to do it.

At the end of the day the program is just a diet plus cardio....This will work if the person gets there dieting right for 16 weeks...

Actually anything will work if you diet properly for 16 weeks and add cardio...

Ive actually been working on developing my own weight loss program...

Its called KY.... You jelly??? (Has lots of protein and fist pumping)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGVZ3J32vIA]Shane from Team Grenade goes through a DTP chest and back workout with Kris Gethin. Brutal! - YouTube[/ame]

If anyone is interested in what this shit is.

I now have a bet with my mate, I am going to do my own transformation either on the Boring But Big Wendler challenge, or do a form of PPP with assistance. I have tonight to work out what I am going to do, then come Monday I will start that, and his brother will be doing this shit.

I expect he will have a more ripped physique then me, but I want to be twice his size, with a solid build :)

Actually he wants it more of a physique challenge, a "Transformation" so wendlers out, So I may try PPP with assistance and plenty of running, keep my lifts up and get my physique a little better in the process with a tight diet

I'm not a big fan of this program. You may as well go and do a body pump class. At least there are usually some hot woman in the class to perve on while you bore yourself with lifting pathetic energy wasting weights.

Last edited:
When I saw the guy wearing shorts and combat boots, it lost all credibility in my opinion.

And what's with not going to full lockout? That squeeze at the top really gets the muscle working. Quantity over quality me thinks.

When I saw the guy wearing shorts and combat boots, it lost all credibility in my opinion.

And what's with not going to full lockout? That squeeze at the top really gets the muscle working. Quantity over quality me thinks.

Keeps muscle under constant tension therefore creating more time under tension. Bodybuilder idea that people think you need to live by.