• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does working out cause agression?

B

BREEBREE

Sup ausbb,

let me tell you a little bit about myself before i ask the question, i am 16 almost 17, about 5'6-5'7 and 59kg.

I have a question about working out and agression/anger. I have noticed along with some of my friends that i have become increasingly aggressive over the last few weeks, this was not evident before i started working out 3 days a week instead of a mere 1, now my question is, Does working out cause aggression or anger in anyway due to hormones released or something along those lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WTF! 2 Breebrees now? Although this one is a dude?

On the subject, I think if you are going REALLY hard, it does make you aggro, boosted testosterone etc thats from my personal experience only.

WTF! 2 Breebrees now? Although this one is a dude?

On the subject, I think if you are going REALLY hard, it does make you aggro, boosted testosterone etc thats from my personal experience only.

i got my name from a song but. kinda just stuck with it, sorry.

yeah, i dont go to the gym to prance around and look good, i go there to build muscle and get stronger, i never leave without my arms/legs and abs not feeling like they're 30 kilos heavier.

could i be going too hard?

I find it's a good to usae your anger for workouts, but i dont think its every made me angry in general.

I thought the same thing Morgan! haha

I have found increased aggresion a bit lately. I use it to fuel my workouts.

I thought the same thing Morgan! haha

I have found increased aggresion a bit lately. I use it to fuel my workouts.

im not angry in general or anything, just my mates think ive been a little more aggressive in general more than usual anyway, i dont go around hitting or hurting people so i dont really know how they're judging me on that i just know they think it.

I think it has increased my testosterone. My chest has become more hairy and I am inclined to howl at the full moon.

Does working out cause agression?

Here's a different perspective on it from the point of view of dopamine rather than testosterone/DHT. BREEBREE, you may be stuck in a dopamine overdrive here.

This is a copy and paste from an article written by Mary Ann Copson, who has a Master's Degrees in Human Development and Psychology and Counseling; is a Certified Licensed Nutritionist; Certified Holistic Health Practitioner; Brain Chemistry Profile Clinician; and a Health, Wellness and Lifestyle Coach.

Neurotransmitters create and reflect our feelings moods, thoughts and behaviors. This powerful group of chemicals in the brain is responsible for physiological and psychological changes in how we experience our lives. All behavior has a corresponding chemical pattern in the brain.

There are more than a dozen neurotransmitters. Two of them (serotonin and dopamine) play a leading role in orchestrating our behaviors, thoughts, emotions, and experiences. Dopamine is your excitatory neurotransmitter. When your dopamine levels are balanced, you experience heightened states of alertness and awareness.

When your dopamine levels are too high, you may be caught in distorted perceptions of reality, dangerous risk taking, and increased aggression. Here are ten signs that your dopamine levels are too high.

1. You have an excessively demanding sex drive.
2. You are an information and news junky.
3. You feel trapped when you do not have something risky and exciting to do. You may engage in dangerous risk taking.
4. You fear being alone and having nothing to do. You cannot tolerate relaxation or calm. Peace and quite bore you.
5. You are prone to violence and aggression. You may deliberately create conflict to get a thrill.
6. You feel a lack intimacy and you do not want to make deep connections with others.
7. You are a junk food junkie.
8. You feel insecure, paranoid and try to control your environment in overt and destructive ways.
9. You are chronically stressed, frustrated, and anxious. You are a workaholic, driven by success, and burned out.
10. You are overly competitive and determined to win at all costs. You are demanding and lack the trust of those around you.

Fadi.

Am I the only one that thinks most body builders seem to be amongst the more placid people he knows?

With the one exception of a mate who is on roids and is raging everywhere atm most people I know that are into it are gentle giants.

Here's a different perspective on it from the point of view of dopamine rather than testosterone/DHT. BREEBREE, you may be stuck in a dopamine overdrive here.

This is a copy and paste from an article written by Mary Ann Copson, who has a Master's Degrees in Human Development and Psychology and Counseling; is a Certified Licensed Nutritionist; Certified Holistic Health Practitioner; Brain Chemistry Profile Clinician; and a Health, Wellness and Lifestyle Coach.

Neurotransmitters create and reflect our feelings moods, thoughts and behaviors. This powerful group of chemicals in the brain is responsible for physiological and psychological changes in how we experience our lives. All behavior has a corresponding chemical pattern in the brain.

There are more than a dozen neurotransmitters. Two of them (serotonin and dopamine) play a leading role in orchestrating our behaviors, thoughts, emotions, and experiences. Dopamine is your excitatory neurotransmitter. When your dopamine levels are balanced, you experience heightened states of alertness and awareness.

When your dopamine levels are too high, you may be caught in distorted perceptions of reality, dangerous risk taking, and increased aggression. Here are ten signs that your dopamine levels are too high.

1. You have an excessively demanding sex drive.
2. You are an information and news junky.
3. You feel trapped when you do not have something risky and exciting to do. You may engage in dangerous risk taking.
4. You fear being alone and having nothing to do. You cannot tolerate relaxation or calm. Peace and quite bore you.
5. You are prone to violence and aggression. You may deliberately create conflict to get a thrill.
6. You feel a lack intimacy and you do not want to make deep connections with others.
7. You are a junk food junkie.
8. You feel insecure, paranoid and try to control your environment in overt and destructive ways.
9. You are chronically stressed, frustrated, and anxious. You are a workaholic, driven by success, and burned out.
10. You are overly competitive and determined to win at all costs. You are demanding and lack the trust of those around you.

Fadi.

Very insightful to say the least, thank you.

i guess i fit 1/3 maybe a 1/2 of them but definately not all.

I become aggressive when things don't go to plan. I become aggressive when my boss call a meeting 10 mins before I am due to eat or my wife tells me to hurry up half way through a session because she wants me to drive her to the shop, or when I go to the fridge and there are no eggs left.
This is what makes me aggressive.. hahhahaha

Being overtrained makes me a bit edgy.

Do LESS. LOL

Roid rage is easy to spark..... it used to be a hobby of mine during my drug free activist era. Hee hee

I was like Hanibal Lectre of the gym. Psychological warfare with entertaining Jerry Springer Retaliations and flying Barbell plates.

Ahhh
The folly of youth. ( Was fun though )

I am so mellow these days. Must have reached Gentle Giant status.

Last edited:
Being overtrained makes me a bit edgy.

Do LESS. LOL

Roid rage is easy to spark..... it used to be a hobby of mine during my drug free activist era. Hee hee

I was like Hanibal Lectre of the gym. Psychological warfare with entertaining Jerry Springer Retaliations and flying Barbell plates.

Ahhh
The folly of youth. ( Was fun though )

I am so mellow these days. Must have reached Gentle Giant status.

Must have!

Fadi.

Am I the only one that thinks most body builders seem to be amongst the more placid people he knows?

With the one exception of a mate who is on roids and is raging everywhere atm most people I know that are into it are gentle giants.

Its the same with Martial artists - often more polite and approachable than an outsider would think, even though there are the odd few who are f-wits who wont listen to or help anyone they don't see as "worthwhile". However just like martial artists, as soon as you start to disrespect their training methods or values there is often a verbal conflict to follow as they hold their training strategies with very high personal value.

testosterone testosterone testosterone testosterone ~ thats about it, my best mate told me it's because testosterone builds up then you worked out then your think your a hard k**t then you think your big, something along those lines in his words not mine LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do have ladies on this forum, so let's watch the language please. The above offensive word has been slightly edited.

Fadi.

Last edited:
It is a confidence thing, different people use confidence in different ways

Some get big man syndrome were they think they are the shiz because they feel they are bigger etc, and can be arrogant, and feel they need to prove they are.
Usually these are the big noters

some get big and brush off idiots because they know they are doing what makes them happy, they are acheiveing what they set out to do, only having to satisfy themselves.

These people may be come across a bit rude as they have no time for time wasters.

Some will tolerate a little crap,....but in the end you dont go around provoking people that can roll you up into a little ball.

but in the end people are individuals, and will be d$#heads if they already were.